After a great season of the Indian Premier League with CSK winning the finals, the speculations have already started about the next season. People are very excited about the IPL 2022.
There are a lot of new changes made in the next season. Unlike earlier, there won’t be just 8 teams in the tournament, we have two new teams which will be playing in the next season. The two new teams are Lucknow and Ahmedabad.
The rules about player retention have also been announced. However, there won’t be any retention rules for the new teams as it will be their first season. Though for the old teams, they are allowed to retain three players. We have a list of 10 of the best-uncapped players who might lead to a bidding war in the auction.
10. Yashasvi Jaiswal – The young player from Uttar Pradesh, the under-19 sensation was a star performer for the Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2021. He played very well in the tournament and ended up with 249 runs in 10 matches. He is the youngest player in the world to hit a double century in list A. In the Under – 19 World Cup last year, he was the highest scorer in the league and was awarded Player of the tournament. In the semi-finals against Pakistan, he hit a century. All the franchises will need a great opener and Yashasvi would be a great choice for them. He has already shown his potential in the last season which has made him an important pick for the 2022 mega auction.
9. Venkatesh Iyer – Venkatesh is a left-handed all-rounder who plays for Madhya Pradesh in domestic cricket and Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL. It was his first IPL and his performance was outstanding. He played a vital role in taking KKR to the finals. He ended up scoring 370 runs in 10 matches. He is also a great bowler and was asked to stay in UAE after the Ipl to play as a net bowler for the T20 World Cup. Even in the finals, he hit a half-century in the match.
8. Rahul Tripathi – Along with Venkatesh, Rahul was also an important player for KKR in the last season of IPL. He; showed extraordinary skills with his consistent performance. He hit a total of 397 runs in the tournament in 17 innings. His performance in the second qualifier helped the team get in the finals. In the 2018 – 19 Ranji Trophy, he was the highest scorer of the tournament.
7. Shahrukh Khan – Shahrukh Khan played his first IPL this year. He was sold at a very huge price by Punjab Kings in the auction. His performance was great in the tournament and also in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. He helped Tam Nadu in winning the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2021. However, he was dropped in the second phase of the tournament which was played in UAE. He is a big hitter and the teams might look for someone who can make big boundaries.
6. Rahul Tewatia – Rahul Tewatia is a brilliant player and his performance in IPL 2020 for Rajasthan Royals got him a place in the Indian cricket team also. however, he hasn’t yet made his debut in international cricket yet. In last season, he helped the Royals win some of the matches which they almost lost. Unfortunately, he wasn’t as good in this season of IPL. He scored just 155 runs this year in 14 matches. Though he is a great leg spinner also makes him an important pick for the auctions.
5. Harshal Patel – Harshal Patel is the captain of the Haryana team in the Ranji Trophy. He is a right-hand all-rounder and playing in Ipl since 2012. In IPL 2021, he took a 5 wicket haul for RCB against Mumbai Indians. He ended up taking 32 wickets in the tournament along with a hat trick. He was the highest wicket-taker of the tournament. He also won the player of the tournament award for his outstanding performance. He was also selected as a net bowler for the Indian cricket team in ICC T20 World Cup.
4. Ravi Bishnoi – Ravi Bishnoi plays for Rajasthan in domestic cricket and Punjab Kings in the Indian Premier League. He is also part of the Indian cricket team under – 19 squad. He was the highest wicket-taker in the IPL with 17 wickets. Last year, he took 4 wickets against Japan without conceding a single run in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2020. He is a great bowler and has impressed a lot of people with his googlies.
3. Avesh Khan – Avesh Khan is one of the youngest players to play in the IPL. He was in the Indian squad for the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2016. He took 35 wickets in the 2018 Ranji Trophy which made him the highest wicket-taker of the tournament. He was the second-highest wicket-taker in the IPL 2021. He took 24 wickets in the tournament. He also got selected by the Indian cricket team for the T20 world cup as a net bowler. He has got potential and can surely cause a bidding war in the auctions.
2. Kartik Tyagi – Kartik is one of the rising players of India. He performed great in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2020. He is a highly-skilled player and a very good bowler for death overs. Unfortunately, he didn’t pick many wickets in the Ipl for Rajasthan Royals as he got into multiple injuries. He ended up taking four wickets in the league. In a match against Punjab Kings, Kings needed four runs in the final over and Tyagi just conceded one run and got the win for the team.
1. Umran Malik – Malik was initially selected as a net bowler in the IPL this year. However, due to Sunrisers’ Hyderabad player, T Natarajan testing positive with Covid-19, he got in the team and showed his fast bowling skills. He was also named as a new bowler for the T20 World Cup. Malik bowled a delivery at a speed of 153 kmph which was the fastest delivery of the tournament.
Also Read: Most Sixes In Ipl History By A Team