The IPL 2021 auctions have been successfully concluded and we believe all the teams got the players that they wanted. The auction went quite well, teams spent a lot in the auction. Talking about the spending, we have noted five players who were the most expensive ones in IPL 2021 auctions.
FIVE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYERS FROM THE AUCTIONS
- Krishnappa Gowtham- Krishnappa Gowtham is an Indian, basically from Karnataka who is an all-rounder and sold to Chennai Super Kings for an amount of 9.25 crores. The base price for which he was registered was just 20 lakhs, even the player was not expecting much but things worked out well for him.
- Jhye Richardson- Richardson is an Australian is an Australian bowler who was bought by team Punjab Kings in the IPL for 14 crores. The player was registered for 1.5 crores and the bid went up to 14. Teams including Delhi Capitals, Punjab Kings, and Royal Challengers Bangalore bid for the player, and finally Punjab got him. The player was last seen in Australia’s T20 tournament, Big Bash League where he played for Perth Scorchers where the player took 29 wickets. Unfortunately, the team lost the finals to Sydney Sixers
- Glenn Maxwell- Glenn Maxwell, the Australian all-rounder was sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore for whopping 14.25 crores. The player was registered at a base price of 2 crores and got sold for seven times more than it. A lot of teams were looking to buy Maxwell including Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders, and Chennai but finally, RCB was one to have him in the team. Talking about Maxwell’s IPL performance, he has not done much that he got sold for so much. If we talk about numbers, he only played well in 2014 IPL where he scored 552 runs for Team Punjab and led them to finals where they lost. Since then, he has not made a great performance in IPL. In the last season of IPL, the player managed to score only 108 runs out of thirteen matches.
- Kyle Jamieson- The New Zealand bowler was sold to RCB for an amount of 15 crores. The bid started with 75 lakhs and went up to 15 crores. The player has numerous records in bowling and taking wickets and we are also looking to see him in action in this year’s IPL.
- Chris Morris- The South African all-rounder was the most expensive player of IPL 2021 with a price of 16.25 crores paid by Rajasthan Royals to buy him. It was the player for whom half of the teams in IPL were bidding but the Rajasthan Royals team was luckiest of all. Let’s see how the player performs in the tournament.
Do you think any of the players got overpriced?