In past, we have seen many of the players who turned out to be the game changers and turned the tables by showing their destructive performances. There is just one month left for the T20 World Cup Game Changer and we are expecting some of the great performances in this edition too.
Selecting the right squad is a very hard task as the line-up should be perfectly balanced and the team must have players for every role. They should have a good replacement too in case required. We have listed some of the great players who have been turned out as T20 World Cup Game Changers on multiple occasions. Below is the list of such players from each of the top eight teams from the T20 World Cup.
Also Read: T20 World Cup Winners List Year Wise
- Evin Lewis – the first player on the list is West Indies batsman Evin Lewis. The left-hand player has shown some of the terrific plays in recent years. He is a very good batsman and a powerful one. In a T20 international match against Australia, he was the guy who got the win for the team. He scored 79 runs with 9 sixes and 4 fours.
- Mohammad Rizwan – Rizwan is a Pakistani player and is a brilliant batsman. He is a part of Pakistan’s T20 line-up for the World Cup. Looking at the past performances of Rizwan, there are high hopes on him for the T20 World Cup Game Changer. He has shown some great performances in past and helped his team winning many matches. He also has the record of scoring 752 runs in 15 T20I matches in a single year.
- Virat Kohli – Virat Kohli is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the Indian team and we have seen his outstanding performances in the past. No doubt he can turn the tables sideways. The stakes are very high on Kohli this time and hopefully, he will prove his potential this time too. Kohli is also one of the fittest players in the cricket world. Recently, he announced that he will step down from his captain position after the World Cup which was a piece of shocking news. After Dhoni, Kohli is one of the few reliable guys from the team.
- Moeen Ali – Ali is an all-rounder who has always performed as per expectations. He is a left-handed player and can certainly dominate the game. His performance in IPL was also great. He played for Chennai Super Kings in the tournament. Talking about his T20I career, he has scored 437 runs in 38 matches and has also taken 21 wickets.
- Rishabh Pant – In recent years Pant has emerged as an outstanding performer. He is one of the most promising players from the Indian Cricket team. Both his batting and Wicket-keeping skills are fantastic. In the test series against Australia and England, Pant was the guy who turned tables and pulled off some great innings. He scored 70+ runs twice in the ODI series against England. After Shreyas Iyer got injured, Pant was the replacing captain of the Delhi Capitals team and he proved that he was worthy enough for the role.
- Glenn Maxwell – Maxwell is an all-rounder from the Australian team and has shown outstanding performances with both ball and bat. About his T20I career, he has scored 1780 runs in 72 matches. He also picked 31 wickets.
- Andre Russell – Russell is a very good batsman and can win the match single-handedly. He has done that many times in the past. He was one of the highly sold players in the IPL last year. He scored 1680 runs in 82 matches and took 71 wickets.
- Kasigo Rabada – South Africa has produced many great players in history and Rabada is one of them. He is one of the best bowlers out there currently and he can make best of the best batsman uncomfortable. In his IPL performance, he won Purple Cap in 2020 while playing for Delhi Capitals. He took 30 wickets in the tournament.
- Rashid Khan – Khan is one of the best spin bowlers out there. In the T20 World Cup 2016, he was destructive. In his T20 international career, he took 95 wickets in 51 matches. In the World Cup also, all eyes will be on Khan as he is a very unpredictable player and can pull off big wickets.
- Shaheen Afridi – Afridi is the young rising player of the Pakistan team. He has shocked a lot of batsmen with his incredible bowling. He has picked 76 wickets in 19 tests, 53 wickets in 28 ODI, and 32 wickets in 30 T20 international matches in his career. At the age of just 20, he has taken more than 100 wickets in T20I.
- Jasprit B The Indian line – up has many players who can change the game. After Kohli and Pant, Bumrah is also one of the guys who have potential and can pull off incredible performances with the ball. T20 World Cup Game Changer He is the fastest bowler to take 100 wickets in test cricket.
Who do you think will be the game-changer for World Cup his year?