It is estimated that Sunil Gavaskar Net Worth of $30 million, which is equivalent to approximately 220 Crore INR. He had a successful career playing cricket for India and is now an analyst for the sport. Between the years 1971 and 1987, Sunil Gavaskar amassed a vast portion of his income as a result of his career as a cricket player.
In addition to his notoriety as a player, he is also highly known for his work as a commentator for the Indian national team. His work has received widespread recognition.
Sunil Gavaskar was a legendary batsman for the Indian cricket team, but he began his career as a bowler for the Indian national team. The Indian cricket team, which he captained, achieved new heights and developed into one of the most powerful teams in the world during his tenure.
Sunil Gavaskar Net Worth
|Full Name||Sunil Manohar Gavaskar|
|Net Worth (2022)||$30 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||220 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||1 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||12 Crore +|
Sunil Gavaskar Salary
The amount of money that commentators are paid is directly proportional to the number of hours and days that they work. When it comes to cricket, the commentators make a good living because they are responsible for keeping the crowd interested and entertained throughout the game.
They are also compensated on a per-series or per-match basis, in addition to receiving a significant annual salary and other forms of payment.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which is India’s wealthy cricket regulatory body, is known for paying its commentators the highest salary of any organization in the world. In addition to the annual remuneration that ranges from $500,000 to $1 million, they receive approximately $2,500 for each game that they play.
A commentary for ESPN Star Sports is provided in both English and Hindi by the well-known broadcaster Sunil Gavaskar. His game wage is $2,500, his series salary is $55,000, and his annual salary is $1 million.
As compensation for his many different contracts, the BCCI pays Sunil Gavaskar an annual income of over 6 crore Indian Rupees (INR). Alongside his work with Star India and NDTV, he also has contracts to write articles for several newspapers. During the Indian Premier League season of 2014, the Supreme Court of India appointed him as the interim president of the BCCI.
Later, he filed a compensation claim with the court for INR 1.90 crore for 24 days, citing losses he had incurred due to a conflict of interest and the failure to fulfill other media commitments. He stated that he had been unable to fulfill other media commitments.
Due to the diverse audience, the IPL has split its commentary team into an English panel, a Hindi panel, and a Dugout. While there are three distinct groups of commentators bringing the game to viewers, the amount of money on the table varies depending on the language spoken.
The top spot pays $500,000, and it’s filled by an expert panel including Master Blaster Sunil Gavaskar, Harsha Bhogle, English veteran Kevin Peterson, Sri Lanka’s best run-scorer Kumar Sangakkara, Ian Bishop, and Mark Nicholas.
Sunil Gavaskar Endorsements
When Sunil Gavaskar was at the height of his career, he demanded outrageous sums of money from the relatively few businesses that were able to pay for his services and increased his fee structure accordingly.
Just two of the many sportsmen, including Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar, who have appeared on the packaging of products ranging from vehicles to beverages include Sachin Tendulkar. Regardless, Gavaskar was the one who finished first.
He is known for his work as the creator of the television show Sunil Gavaskar Presents as well as his appearances in advertisements for products such as Palmolive Shaving Cream. He appeared in a commercial for Thums Up alongside Ravi Shastri and Sandeep Patil all three of them.
The name Dinesh was given to the son of an Indian wicketkeeper and batsman named Dinesh Karthik because of Gavaskar’s prevalence on Indian telescreens. Dinesh Karthik’s father was Sunil Gavaskar.
Sunil Gavaskar is a member of a number of organizations, the primary purpose of which is to better the lives of the underprivileged and the less fortunate. The Board of Governors of the Heart to Heart Foundation has chosen him to serve as the organization’s Chairman. As a volunteer with The Champs Foundation, Gavaskar also makes a significant contribution to the community by assisting those in need.
As a result of the outbreak of the coronavirus, he contributed 35 lakh rupees to the Prime Minister’s Care Fund and 24 lakh rupees to the Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
|Endorsement Fees||$2,500 each game|
Some Interesting Facts about Sunil Gavaskar
- Originally from what is now Mumbai, Sunil Manohar Gavaskar was born on 10 July 1949 and is a cricket legend in India. The right-handed batter was technically competent and anchored the Indian top order in the 1970s and 1980s against shaky fast bowling.
- Sunil Gavaskar has earned the nickname “little maestro” due to his incredible skill in the sport of Cricket. Even if he doesn’t seem like he could take on the toughest bowlers in cricket, you shouldn’t judge him by his size or lack of muscle. When discussing the greats of Cricket, he is unquestionably in the top tier.
- Marshall, Sunil Gavaskar’s wife, is the daughter of a Kanpur entrepreneur. Their son, Rohan Gavaskar, was also a cricketer, although he wasn’t as successful as his famous dad.
- Sunil Gavaskar attended and graduated from St. Xavier’s High School, where he was an avid Cricket player throughout his time there. Later, he enrolled in St. Xavier’s University to further his education further.
- As a resident of Mumbai, Sunil Gavaskar calls his home. He has a large number of properties in and around Mumbai and beyond. His newest residence is the extravagant Isprava Villa in Goa.
- In terms of automobiles, Sunil Gavaskar doesn’t have a huge collection. He often travels in his BMW 5-series luxury automobile.
- Sunil Gavaskar was a recipient of the Padma Bhushan as well as the Padma Shri. In 2009, he was inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame. In 1994, Mumbai’s chief minister, Sharad Pawar, appointed him sheriff of the city. In recognition of Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border, the annual cricket series between India and Australia is called the Border-Gavaskar trophy.
- All across the globe, not just in India, people are singing his praises. Everyone looks up to him and considers him a hero. Sachin Tendulkar, the sport’s de facto deity, considers him one of his greatest inspirations. Without a question, Sunil Gavaskar is one of the sport’s most well-known figures.
|Real Name/Full Name||Sunil Manohar Gavaskar|
|Nick Name/Celebrated Name:||Sunil Gavaskar|
|Birth Place:||Mumbai, India|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||10 July, 1949|
|Age/How Old:||72 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 165 cm In Feet and Inches – 5’5”|
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 70 kg|
In Pounds – 154 lbs
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – Manohar Gavaskar Mother – Meenal Gavaskar|
|Siblings:||Yes (Kavita Viswanath and Nutan Gavaskar)|
|School:||St Xavier’s High School|
|College:||St Xavier’s College|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Marshneill Gavaskar (m. 1974)|
|Kids/Children Name:||Yes (Rohan Gavaskar)|
|Profession:||Cricket Commentator and former cricketer|
|Net Worth:||$30 million|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where did Sunil Gavaskar get his cricket training?
Sunil Gavaskar isn’t the only one of his relatives who has played cricket professionally. Madhav Mantri, Gavaskar’s maternal uncle, played in four Tests for India. Rohan, his son, played for India in eleven One-Day Internationals. The former India cricketer GR Viswanath is Gavaskar’s brother-in-law. Nutan, his sister, was a member of the first women’s cricket club in Mumbai, Albees Cricket Club.
2. Is Sunil Gavaskar the subject of any songs?
Lord Relator, a famous Calypso musician from Trinidad, wrote a song in Gavaskar’s honor and appropriately titled it “Gavaskar Calypso.”
3. Did Sunil Gavaskar work in movies?
The Marathi film Savli Premachi had Sunny in the major role. In 1988, he appeared briefly in Naseeruddin Shah’s film Maalamaal.
4. Is Sunil Gavasakar a singer?
In his Marathi song “Ya Duniyemadhye Thambayaala Vel Konala,” Gavaskar draws parallels between a cricket match and daily life.
5. Exactly when did Sunil Gavaskar become sheriff?
Back in 1994, Sunil Gavaskar served as the Sheriff of Mumbai for a single year.