In Numbers, Stuart Broad has joined the exclusive 500 test wickets club, who is the 4th pacer and 7th bowler overall for this kind of record in the golden history of cricket.
He reached this milestone of 500 Test wickets on the 5th day of 3rd and final deciding test match of the Wisden Trophy as Old Trafford stadium.
Earlier he has taken all 6 wickets of West Indies in 7 overs by only giving 22 runs in total.
Stuart Broad also joins the Elite 500-club of pacing bowlers, only following the greats like James Anderson, Glenn McGrath, and Courtney Walsh.
Meanwhile, it is also very interesting to know that Kraigg Brathwaite is the only batsman who became the 500th test victim of 2 different bowlers. The first great you already know now as Stuart Broad and the other great pacer is James Anderson, who took his wicket on 8th Sep’2017 at Lord’s.
So now Kraigg Brathwaite’s name is also recorded in the golden history books of cricket of being that 500th victim batsman, what a coincident!
Stuart Broad has just achieved an amazing milestone by complete his 500th wicket in the test, let’s look like his other achievements and his track record:
- He has debuted on 9th Dec’2007 and took 12 years and 232 days to play in 140 matches and made a record of 500 test wickets.
- His track record:
- Took his 1st wicket of Chaminda Vaas
- 100th wicket of Thisara Perera
- 200th wicket of Michael Clarke
- 300th wicket of Chris Rogers
- 400th wicket of Tom Latham
- 500th wicket of Kraigg Brathwaite
- After Anil Kumble, Stuart Broad is the only bowler in the 500-club to make a test hundred. He scored 169 runs at Lord’s in 2010 against another strong opponent team Pakistan.
- Stuart Broad has a record of eighteen 5-wickets hauls in an inning. In the recent match in Manchester, he has taken 6 wickings in 31 runs.
- Stuarts’ strike rate is also better than some of the all-time cricket greats. In 140 test matches, he has an average of 56.8.
- His golden period was from the year 2013 to 2016, during that time, he has taken 196 wickets in just 50 test matches at an average of 25.56 and strike rate of 51.9.
- Stuart has seen more success than James in Ashes rivalry matches, he has taken 118 wickets, while James could only take 104.
So to speak, Stuart’s joining the History board of 500-Club is something every bowler has ever dreamed of, which he has achieved very gracefully. We as fans are on level 9 by witnessing his success and will always pray for him to keep moving ahead.
For more news on cricket or another topic, please stay tuned with us, we will make you spin with amazing updates in the upcoming future. The only thing you have to do to see those updates is, stay safe