Mr. Sourav Ganguly’s net worth is believed to be $80 million , which is roughly equivalent to 632 crore in Indian currency.
With the Indian national squad, Sourav Ganguly was a Left-handed batsman and an all-rounder. To date, he is widely considered to be the greatest cricket captain of all time, having led the Indian team to unprecedented success.
Cricket was the primary source of his income and wealth. Mr. Ganguly’s brand value is also quite high, and he is often regarded as the best cricketer in the world.
Sourav Ganguly’s Net Worth
As a pundit for several international and national cricket matches, he also makes a substantial living. In addition, he has a lucrative endorsement deal with many companies for which he charges a large fee.
On top of all this, Ganguly is also the co-owner of Atletico Club de Kolkata in the Indian Super League (ISL) and a member of CAB’s Honorary Board of Directors.
As a result, his brand’s value has increased, as has his net worth. In the next several years, Sourav Ganguly’s net worth and income are expected to rise by 60 percent, respectively.
Also Read: Harbhajan Singh Net Worth
|Net Worth in 2022||$80 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||632 Crore INR|
Sourav Ganguly Salary
Despite his retirement from playing, the prince of Kolkata is still very much a part of the cricket community. BCCI compensation for Bengal Tigers is estimated to be approximately 5 crore rupees.
This man earns more than 10 lakhs each year as President of the Bengal Cricket Association and a Member of the IPL Governing Council.
Sourav Ganguly made the switch from cricket to television and has been pretty successful thus far. In eastern India, he hosts the popular Bengali television programme “Dadagiri,” which is the most-watched in the region.
For presenting the programme, he is paid around Rs. 1 crore every week, or about $1 million per year. He was also a hit with the Bengali version of “Kaun Banega Crorepati,” which boosted his brand worth at the time.
Even though he is no longer playing cricket, Sourav Ganguly is now the highest-paid former Indian cricket player.
He has a solid brand value since he interacts with the public on a frequent basis. It won’t be surprised if he starts charging 20-30% more in the future.
The next 12 months are predicted to see the value of the “Dada” brand increase by 150-160 percent. Atletico – de Kolkata, a two-time champion in the Indian Super League, counts him as a major stakeholder.
|BCCI Pay||Rs. 5 Crore INR|
|Monthly income and salary||2 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||24 Crore +|
|IPL Salary In Rupees|
Sourav Ganguly Endorsement
Even after he has retired, Ganguly continues to generate money by endorsing 11 different global, national, and regional products.
He is the current DTDC brand ambassador and gets more than a million rupees a year as a result. Among the other companies from which he earns well are Tata Tetley, Puma, Essilor Lens, and Senco Gold.
According to reports, Puma gives him a yearly salary of Rs. 1.35 crore. According to some estimates, he earns roughly Rs. 1 crore each year from endorsing brands.
Indian food FMCG business Adani Wilmar Limited (AWL) has recruited Sourav Ganguly as their brand ambassador for Fortune rice bran oil and soya chunks.
For the next three years, Sourav Ganguly will be the face of Hero Honda Motors, an Indian motorbike and scooter manufacturer situated in New Delhi, India.
In February of this year, Sourav Ganguly was chosen to represent Tetley Super Green. Sourav Ganguly, a former Indian captain and cricketing star, was named the official brand of DTDC Express Ltd in January 2018.
Sourav Ganguly has been a brand ambassador for Essilor since April 2016. 78-year-old Kolkata-based jeweller Senco Gold and Diamonds selected Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador in September 2015.
In March 2016, Burnpur Cement, one of Eastern India’s leading cement makers, inked a deal with Sourab Ganguly to serve as a brand ambassador.
For the next three years, Sourav Ganguly will be the face of Heinz India, a subsidiary of the worldwide food corporation KraftHeinz Company.
When Games 24×7 launched its Indian fantasy sports platform My11Circle in 2019, it hired Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador. Classplus, an education technology company, has signed Sourav Ganguly, a former Indian cricket captain, as a brand ambassador beginning in December 2020.
Sourav Ganguly will serve as a brand ambassador for Livinguard AG, a hygiene technology company located in Switzerland, starting in November 2020.
|Endorsement Fees||Rs. 1 – 2 Crore INR|
Interesting Facts About Sourav Ganguly
1. He was born on 8 July 1972 in Calcutta to Chandidas and Nirupa Ganguly and is the eldest son. Chandidas was a well-to-do businessman in the printing industry and a wealthy citizen. Ganguly was dubbed the ‘Maharaja’, or Great King, because of his lavish upbringing.
2. Football was first what drew Ganguly to the sport since it was so popular in his hometown of Calcutta. His passion for sports was thwarted by academics,
and Nirupa was less than enthusiastic about Ganguly pursuing a career in cricket or any other sport. It was well established that his older brother, Snehasish, was a well-known cricketer in Bengal.
3. Sourav Ganguly’s marriage is like a Bollywood movie, with a lot of drama. In 1997, he and his childhood buddy Dona Roy fled their homes since their parents couldn’t agree on where to live. The tragedy had a profound effect on both families, but they were able to come to a peaceful resolution.
4. The pair tied the knot in a lavish ceremony in February of that year. As a result of the wedding, he developed into a brilliant one-day international cricketer. His first one-day international tonne against Sri Lanka was followed by two straight Man of the Match honours.
He also played in the World Cup in 1999, when he scored 183 in a game against Sri Lanka. Sourav Ganguly’s ODI record-breaking performance. Sana Ganguly was born to the couple in November 2001.
5. Sourav Ganguly, the current president of the BCCI and a former captain of the Indian national cricket team, is a well-known and influential person in Indian cricket.
Indian cricket legend Ganguly, often known as ‘God on the off-side, was one of the country’s greatest captains.
6. He was brought up in a middle-class household in Kolkata’s Behala neighbourhood. Dada’s family is still the town’s wealthiest, and he has yet to relocate. This is where he grew up, and now he lives there with his family.
7. The Bengal Tiger has a total of six high-end automobiles, including models from renowned manufacturers such as Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. Two of his favourite things to ride are motorcycles, and he has both.
8. When asked to bring beverages for his colleagues, he was alleged to have refused to do so and acted arrogantly as a result. Because of this rumour, he was kicked from the team.
After a four-year absence from the Indian cricket team, he was called up for the ODI tour of England in 1996. Years later, in an interview, Ganguly debunked the rumour and referred to it as just that: a rumour.
9. For his exceptional achievement in Indian cricket, Sourav Ganguly was awarded the Arjuna Award. CEAT Cricketer of the Year Award was given to him as an opener in 2000 for his outstanding batting performance in that year.
10. The following year, he was named CEAT Captain of the Year for his outstanding leadership of the team.
Ganguly won the Padma Shri Award in 2004, two years after he was honoured for his contributions to Indian cricket. The Government of West Bengal presented Ganguly with the Banga Bibhushan Award in 2013.
|Real Name||Sourav Ganguly|
|Age||49 Years old|
|Birth Date||July 8, 1972|
1. Do you know how much money Sourav Ganguly makes each month?
2. Are you aware of Sourav Ganguly’s pay at Dadagiri cricket ground?
Roughly a million dollars a week
3. What is Sourav Ganguly’s net worth?
He has a net worth in the range of $50 million.
4. How much does Sourav Ganguly earn?
Sourav Ganguly’s annual compensation is believed to be Rs. 24 crore.