Former Captain of the Indian National Cricket Team Virat Kholi is known as Run Machine of Cricket. With his fierce batting skills, strong mindset, and the aggressive approach he has smashed so many records.
Because of Virat’s hunger for runs, India has ranked 2nd in ODIs, 6th in Test cricket, and 5th in T20Is.
Virat’s name is included in the list of players who have earned Man of the Match twice in T20 World Cups.
He is also the only IPL player who crossed the mark of 5000 runs on Indian soil.
Virat has a big appetite when it comes to scoring runs, this led him to the title of Run Machine.
With 43 centuries in ODI and 27 tons in test matches, Virat justifies the title of Run Machine. Not only this but he also transcends the 11000 runs mark in ODI with an average of 59.33.
Apart from these Virat has also set several records like
- He became the first IPL Captain to score 500 runs in three separate seasons.
- He has the most number of double centuries in Tests.
- He has the most number of 150+ scores in Tests
- He is the only Indian cricketer to score 50+ on average in formats. (Tests: 54.78 and ODI: 60.31).
- He is the captain with the most double hundreds in Tests.
- He is the only cricketer to score the fastest 1000 ODI runs in 11 innings.
- He is the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade.
- As an Indian Captain, he holds the record of smashing the most ODI runs (1,460)
- He holds the record of 150 runs as a non-opener.
- He is the only cricketer to achieve all three awards i.e. ICC cricketer of the year, Test cricketer of the year, and ODI cricketer of the year in a single year
- He also holds the record for most test wins by a captain at home
Apart from all these awards and recognition, Virat has also been honored with Arjuna Award, Padma Shri & Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. These records are the main reason why he is generally referred to as the run machine.
Virat Kohli is the one who holds the title of the run machine in IPL as he is the only batter in the league who has successfully crossed the 6000 run mark at an average of 37.4 with a strike rate of 129.95. He has also smashed 5 centuries in the league.
AlsoRead: Who Is The God Of Cricket?