Cricket is one of the most followed sports in the world. All the cricketers in the world are paid by their richest cricket boards for playing for their respective countries. These are the boards that provide them with all the facilities and other things to improve the players.
They even organize big cricket events like the Indian Premier League, Pakistan Super League, Big Bash League, etc. Boards also need money to pay them which they earn through sponsorships and ads. We will be discussing the top 10 richest cricket boards in the world.
Top 10 Richest Cricket Boards
10. Sri Lanka Cricket – The Sri Lankan Cricket board was incorporated in 1975. The total net worth of SLC is around $20 million. The last year’s revenue of SLB was $13.7 million. Sri Lanka cricket board handles all the men’s, women’s, and under-19 teams of the country and their domestic and international matches of all three formats. Recently, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Sri Lanka Cricket was struggling to survive. However, BCCI came in to help them with organizing matches between Sri Lanka and India. The SLC is currently led by president Shammi Silva.
9. Zimbabwe Cricket Board – Zimbabwe Cricket Board comes ]in the 9th position with a total net worth of $38 million. It was formed in 1992 and earned around $15.53 million of revenue last year. ZCB is sponsored by a lot of big brands like Castle Lager, ZimGold, Coca-Cola, etc. However, like SLC, ZCB is also not doing well currently. In a recent test series against Pakistan, Zimbabwe lost both test matches. The CEO of ZCB is Wilfred Mukondiwa and their chairman is Tavengwa Mukuhlani.
8. Cricket West Indies – The Cricket West Indies which used to be known as West Indies Cricket Board, takes 8th position with a total net worth of $15 million. The recent revenue of WICB was $15.53 million. WICB is one of the oldest boards in the world. It was founded in 1920, more than 100 years ago. Initially, the name of the board was the West Indies Cricket Board of Control which got changed to WICB in 1996. Most of their revenues come from broadcasting rights. Prior to 2013, their revenues were not so huge. But in 2013, after the introduction of the Caribbean Premier League, their revenues increased gradually. They also have brand sponsorships like Castore and JetBlue.
7. New Zealand Cricket – The NZC recently recorded a revenue of $28.86 million with a total net worth of $9 million. The headquarters of NZC is in Christchurch. The NZC has a lot of sponsors including Ford, ANZ, Air New Zealand, KFC, Gillette, etc.
6. Cricket South Africa – the South African cricket board was founded in 1991 with its headquarters in Johannesburg. The total net worth of the South African cricket board is $79 million with the last year’s revenue of $66.65 million. South Africa has released a lot of great players in past and they have one of the most powerful players on their team. Still, they could never win World Cup. Recently, they played a T20 international series against Pakistan in which they lost by 1-3.
5. Bangladesh Cricket Board – the Bangladesh Cricket Board was incorporated in 1977. Its headquarters is situated in Sher – e – Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka. BCB is a full member of ICC since 2000. The last revenue of BCB was recorded at $110 million with a total net worth of $51 million. The Bangladesh team has improved a lot in recent years. It is currently one of the strongest teams in the world. They have big sponsorships like Pan Pacific and Aamra Network.
4. Pakistan Cricket Board – The Pakistan Cricket Board was formed in 1949. Their headquarters is situated in Lahore. The total net worth of PCB is $55 million with recent revenues of $111.45 million. A large number of companies have sponsored PCB including Pepsi, Gatorade, United Bank Ltd., Brighto Paints, etc. PCB earns a large number of funds from organizing Pakistan Super League.
3. England and Wales Cricket Board – The England team is one of the richest cricket teams in the world. Its revenue is recorded at $292.39 million their total net worth is $59 million. The ECB was formed in 1997 and the headquarters is situated in Lord’s. They also have huge sponsors like Lifebuoy, New Balance, and Royal London.
2. Cricket Australia – The Australian Cricket Board was established in 1905, even before the West Indies Cricket Board. They have their headquarters in Melbourne. The revenue of Australia Cricket is a whopping $390 million and their total net worth is $24 million. They have a large number of companies that sponsor them including Gatorade, HCL, Vodafone, Dettol, KFC, Toyota, Cadbury, etc. They also earn huge revenues by organizing Big Bash League.
1. Board of Control for Cricket in India – The BCCI tops the list with a total net worth of $2 billion. Their revenue was recorded whopping $512 million. The BCCI was formed in 1928 and since then, we have seen the Indian team keeps growing. The Indian team is undoubtedly the richest cricket team in the world. The BCCCI’s net worth is more than any other cricket board in the world. The headquarters of BCCI is situated in Mumbai. The Indian Premier League is the biggest source of revenue for BCCI. The BCCI has a long list of sponsors including Byju’s, MPL Sports, Dream 11, Paytm, Hyundai, Star Sports, Ambuja Cements, etc. Not only the Indian team, but almost each of the Indian players has multiple sponsors.
Is Bcci Richer Than Icc?
BCCI is the richest cricket board in the world. But, we cannot compare the net worth as ICC is the governing body and BCCI is a part of it. The total new worth of ICC is $2.5 billion whereas the net worth of BCCI is $2 billion. So, the answer to the question is ‘No’, BCCI is not richer than ICC.
Also Read: Dream 11 Predictions For Today’s Match