The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is located in Uppal, Hyderabad, India. It is the primary cricketing venue in the city and is the home ground of the Sunrisers Hyderabad franchise in the Indian Premier League. The stadium was built in 2003 and has a seating capacity of 55,000.
It has been used for both international and domestic cricket matches and has hosted many high-profile events including the Indian Premier League, the Asia Cup, and the Cricket World Cup.
The stadium is known for its modern facilities, including state-of-the-art lighting and drainage systems, and is considered one of the best cricket grounds in India. In addition to cricket, the stadium has also hosted other sporting events such as football and kabaddi, as well as concerts and other cultural events.
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium Geographics
Weather Conditions- The weather in Hyderabad, where the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is located, is generally warm and dry throughout the year. The city experiences hot and dry conditions from March to June, with average high temperatures ranging from 35-45°C. The monsoon season runs from July to September, during which time the city experiences moderate to heavy rainfall. October to February is the winter season, with pleasant and mild weather and average high temperatures ranging from 25-30°C. It is generally cooler in the evenings and early mornings, with temperatures dropping to around 20°C. It is worth noting that the weather can vary significantly depending on the time of year, and spectators should be prepared for a range of conditions when attending a cricket match at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium.
Area and Boundary size- 16 acres
Location- CH42+J59, RGI Stadium Rd, Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500039.
Co-ordinates- 17.4065° N, 78.5505° E
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium Essentials
1. T20I- between Rs 850 and Rs 5000.
2. ODI – between Rs 1250 and Rs 7500.
3. Test- between Rs 500 and Rs 2500
4. IPL – between Rs 500 and Rs 5468.75.
- Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre is a 4-star hotel located near the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium. It features a fitness center, outdoor pool, and several dining options. The hotel also has meeting and event facilities, making it a popular choice for business travelers.
- The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace is a 5-star hotel located in the heart of Hyderabad’s business district. It offers luxury accommodations, a spa, and a fitness center. The hotel also has several dining options, including an all-day dining restaurant and a rooftop bar.
- The Park Hyderabad is a 5-star hotel located near the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium. It features a spa, fitness center, and outdoor pool. The hotel also has a range of dining options, including an Indian restaurant and a bar.
- Lemon Tree Hotel, HITEC City, Hyderabad is a 4-star hotel located in the Hi-Tech City area of Hyderabad. It offers modern accommodations, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool. The hotel also has a restaurant and a bar.
- Hilton Hyderabad Gachibowli is a 5-star hotel located in the Gachibowli area of Hyderabad. It offers luxury accommodations, a spa, fitness center, and an outdoor pool. The hotel has a range of dining options, including an all-day dining restaurant and a bar.
Read More: M. A. Chidambaram Stadium
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
T20I- So far, only two Twenty20 International (T20I) matches have been played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad. One of these matches was called off due to rain without any play taking place. The only T20I match that was completed at this stadium saw high scores in both innings, and the team that batted second was able to chase the target successfully. The outcome of the toss in T20I matches at this stadium may depend on the strengths and weaknesses of the teams, as well as the possibility of dew affecting play in the second innings. In the single completed T20I match at this ground, the team that won the toss and chose to bowl first ended up being victorious. This stadium has a reputation for being a high-scoring venue for T20I matches.
ODI- The evidence suggests that the pitch at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium favors batsmen in the first ODI innings, but may become more difficult for batsmen in the second innings. This may be due to the presence of good spin bowlers on the team, which can make it harder for batsmen to play shots in the second innings.
Based on the last five ODI matches played at this stadium, it seems that the team winning the toss may choose to bat first in order to score runs and put pressure on the opposing team. In these last five matches, the team batting first has won three times, suggesting that it is easier to score runs in the first innings.
Test- Here, the toss-winning team always chooses to bat first. A strong first innings score is possible if the first session is played well. For the first two or three days, it is pretty simple to bat here. In order to play good strokes, the ball comes on the bat. However, as time goes on, batting on this pitch gets more challenging since it tends to favour spin bowlers. Additionally, fast bowlers’ foot prints help spin spinners turn.
There have only been five Test matches played thus far, and at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, the team bowling first and the side batting first have each won twice.
IPL- At the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, the coin toss is very important. The side that wins the toss will choose to bat first since the ball here comes to the bat well in the first innings and slowly in the second, which might make it tough for any batter to perform huge smashes.
In IPL games, fast bowlers have a strong track record on this particular pitch they have taken more wickets than spin bowlers, although the surface favors spin bowlers in the second innings. According to the results of the last five IPL games, the team that batted first in this match won three times, while the side that bowled first won two games.
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium Statistics
Total Match Played- 5
Batting First Won- 2
Batting Second Won- 2
Total Match Played: 6
Batting First Won: 3
Batting Second Won: 3
Avg. Score in 1st bat: 278
Highest Score: Australia 350/4
Lowest Score: England 174/10
Total Match Played: 1
Batting First Won: 0
Batting Second Won: 1
Avg. Score in 1st bat: 207
Highest Score: West Indies 207/5
Lowest Score: West Indies 207/5
Total Match Played: 64
Batting First Won: 28
Batting Second Won: 35
Avg. Score in 1st bat: 158
Highest Score: Sunrisers Hyderabad 231/2
Lowest Score: Delhi Capitals 80/10
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium Records
The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad, India has hosted many international cricket matches since it was built in 2003. Here are six records that have been set at the stadium:
- Highest score in an inning: Pakistan scored 407 runs in their first innings against West Indies in November 2018.
- Highest individual score: Rohit Sharma scored 264 runs against Sri Lanka in November 2014.
- Best bowling figures in an inning: Ravindra Jadeja took 6 wickets for 63 runs against England in November 2012.
- Best bowling figures in a match: Shahid Afridi took 7 wickets for 12 runs against West Indies in November 2011.
- Highest partnership for any wicket: Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara added 624 runs for the third wicket against Zimbabwe in November 2010.
- Most runs scored in a series: Rohit Sharma scored 648 runs in a 5-match series against South Africa in October 2015.
These are just a few of the records that have been set at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium. There are many other impressive performances that have taken place at the stadium over the years.
5 Interesting Facts about Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium
- The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is located in the city of Hyderabad, India. It was built in 2003 and has since become one of the premier cricket venues in the country.
- The stadium is named after former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, who was instrumental in the development of cricket in India. It is owned by the Hyderabad Cricket Association and is home to the Sunrisers Hyderabad team in the Indian Premier League.
- The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium has a seating capacity of 55,000, making it one of the largest cricket grounds in India. It has been designed to meet all international cricketing standards and has state-of-the-art facilities, including a media center, players’ dressing rooms, and corporate boxes.
- The stadium has hosted numerous international cricket matches over the years, including the 2007 Cricket World Cup. It has also played host to other sporting events, such as football and boxing.
- In addition to cricket, the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium has also played a role in the development of other sports in the region. The stadium has a state-of-the-art indoor cricket academy, which has been used to train young cricketers from the region. It has also been used as a venue for various sports-related events, such as conferences and seminars.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How big is Narendra Modi’s pitch?
The pitch is the rectangular area in the center of the cricket field where the game is played. It is made of compacted soil and is covered with grass. The length of the pitch is 22 yards (20 meters) and the width is 10 feet (3 meters). These dimensions are standard for international cricket matches and are laid down by the International Cricket Council (ICC), the governing body for cricket. The pitch plays a crucial role in the game of cricket as it determines the behavior of the ball when it is bowled and the type of shots that batsmen can play. The condition of the pitch can change over the course of a match, depending on the weather and the amount of wear and tear it has undergone. A well-prepared pitch can provide a good balance between the bat and the ball, leading to an exciting and competitive match.
2. How is the pitch of Rajiv Gandhi stadium?
The Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad, India is known to have a pitch that is generally good for batting in limited overs cricket. The pitch is expected to provide assistance to medium pace and spin bowlers in the second innings, with the ball coming slowly off the bat and the pitch starting to turn. The pitch is typically dry and hard, which can help with bounce and is favorable for spin bowlers. Batting on this type of pitch is usually easy, and it is possible to score a lot of runs in both innings of a limited overs match. The small size of the ground may also contribute to high scoring in T20 games. In general, the pitch at a cricket ground can vary in terms of its characteristics and the type of surface it provides. Factors such as the climate, soil type, and the amount of use the pitch receives can all affect its condition and the way it plays. Some pitches may be more conducive to fast, bouncy bowling, while others may be slower and provide more assistance to spin bowlers. The behavior of the pitch can also change over the course of a match as it wears down and becomes more worn.
3. What is the size of the cricket pitch?
The distance from the center of the pitch to the boundary at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium is approximately 66 meters on the off side, 69 meters on the onside, 64 meters at the High Court end, and 71 meters at the Pavilion. These measurements are taken around the entire ground.
4. Which stadium has the best pitch?
Some of the most highly regarded cricket pitches in the world include the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, Lord’s in England, and the Newlands Cricket Ground in South Africa. These grounds are known for producing high-quality pitches that provide a good balance between the bat and the ball and lead to competitive and exciting matches. However, the best pitch for a particular match or series may depend on the conditions and the teams playing.
Recommended: Who Is The New God of Cricket