MS Dhoni Net Worth is $113 Million or Rs. 846 crores. Mahendra Singh Dhoni or MS Dhoni is an Indian international cricketer.
He has recently retired from international cricket. He is the only captain in the history of cricket whether national or international to have won all ICC trophies.
|Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Rs. 50 Crore +||$113 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 846 Crores|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs. 4 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||Rs. 50 Crore +|
|IPL Salary||Rs. 12 Crores|
MS Dhoni Net Worth Over The Years
Here is a table of references depicting the growth of player’s net worth over the years:
As is clearly visible from the above table, Dhoni has achieved a hike of near about 35% in his net worth over the past few years. His net worth was $50 million in the year 2016. In 2022, it is nearly $110 million or Rs.846 crores.
This is the benchmark he has set for the newcomers or new cricket enthusiasts. The growth and hard work always return back in terms of money and goodwill.
No doubt, MS Dhoni has proven the above point from the first day of his cricket journey.
Ever since making his debut for Team India in his ODI debut on 23 December 2004, against Bangladesh in Chittagong, and playing his first Test a year later against Sri Lanka, MS Dhoni has gone on to leave his mark on the sport.
He is ranked 22nd among the highest-paid players for 2022 and is the only Indian sportsman to figure on the Forbes list of the world’s 100 highest-paid athletes.
His brand value stands at a staggering $61.2 million as of today. He earns most of his money from the BCCI and the IPL contract, along with brand endorsements and sponsorship deals.
MS Dhoni IPL Salary
MS Dhoni had a grade A contract with the BCCI and earned nearly $4 million for every winning match. But this year the BCCI made a big move towards the contract with former captain MS Dhoni as he has not been given any contract this year.
MS Dhoni’s salary in the IPL is also a substantial sum that contributes a lot to his brand value. He is one of the highest-paid players in the history of the Indian Premier League.
The IPL team, Chennai Super Kings had secured the services of MS Dhoni in 2008. He captained the side to championships in 2010, 2011, 2018, and 2021 editions of the IPL league
Here is a table for player’s salaries in the IPLs from the year 2008 to the present (2022):
|2022 (Retain)||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 120,000,000|
|2021 (Retain)||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 150,000,000|
|2020 (Retain)||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 150,000,000|
|2019 (Retain)||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 150,000,000|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 150,000,000|
|2017||Rising Pune Supergiant||₹ 125,000,000|
|2016||Rising Pune Supergiant||₹ 125,000,000|
|2015||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 125,000,000|
|2014||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 125,000,000|
|2013||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 82,800,000|
|2012||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 82,800,000|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 82,800,000|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 60,000,000|
|2009||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 60,000,000|
|2008||Chennai Super Kings||₹ 60,000,000|
Before continuing take a look at various grades and salary segments of BCCI: Grade Salary A+ $ 1 million (Rs 7 crore) A $ 0.68 million (Rs 5 crore) B $ 0.41 million (Rs 3 crore) C $ 0.14 million (Rs 1 crore).
MS Dhoni was a Grade A player and according to the BCCI central contracts, he earns hefty sums as a player alone and has an annual salary of nearly Rs 5 crores. As a grade-A player, he gets $10 million (Rs.1 crore) as his retainer fee on an annual basis and receives Rs. 5lakh, 3 lakh, and 20 lakhs for playing a Test match, ODI match, and a T20 match respectively.
In all, he earns around Rs12 crore yearly.
Income From Endorsements
MS Dhoni is one of the most marketable superstars in India. He gets plenty of interest from most of the biggest brands in the country.
Some of the noticeable examples are His endorsement deals of Turtlemint, Oreo, Pepsi, Yippee, Hero, Home Lane, Oppo, Boost, Cars 24, Colgate, Lava, redBus, Panerai, LivFast, Indigo Paints, Go, Daddy, Bharat Matrimony, etc.
He is also an extremely marketable athlete and commands a lot of money from endorsements. He makes upwards of Rs.50 crores from brand deals and charges nearly Rs.40-50 lakhs per day for shooting commitments.
Social Media Popularity
MS Dhoni is one of the most popular social media celebrities. He has a total has 38,380,283 followers on Instagram. He is one of the most popular cricketers on digital platforms and has a big follower base among sportsmen, just behind Virat Kohli.
He also has over 28 million followers on Twitter and is the most popular Indian account on that platform behind Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He is ahead of Dhoni’s fanbase on Twitter.
His humongous social media presence also adds a lot to his enormous brand value. According to various reports, it adds a hefty sum of nearly Rs1.4 crores to MS Dhoni’s net worth! In total, his total brand endorsement earning is Rs50 crore.
Here is a table with reference to all his endorsements:
|Zed Black Agarbattis|
|Gulf Oil India|
|Exide Life Insurance|
Interesting Facts About MS Dhoni
1. MS Dhoni, like many other successful people who come from a variety of backgrounds, had a completely different career before entering the cricket game. He served as a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) at the Kharagpur Railway Station in Midnapore for the South Eastern Railway from 2001 to 2003.
2. MS Dhoni’s favorite WWE wrestlers are Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart and Hulk Hogan.
3. Dhoni was recommended as the captain of the Indian cricket team by former Indian Cricket Team captain, Sachin Tendulkar.
4. He has the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army. He is the second person to be honored with this honorary title after Kapil Dev.
5. Prior to playing cricket full-time, Mahi was a goalie for his high school football team and badminton.
6. He had long hair during his early years of international cricket. He once stated that Bollywood actor John Abraham was the inspiration for his haircut.
7. He is the only captain of the Indian Cricket Team to have won all three major ICC trophies – World Cup, One-day Internationals World Cup, and Champions Trophy.
8. MS Dhoni is a huge motorcycle enthusiast, he has a garage full of exotics, vintage motorbikes, and even a few superbikes. Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s passion for motorbikes dates back to his undergraduate days when he rode a Rajdoot.
9. M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story is a biographical film based on Dhoni’s life which was released on September 30, 2016.
10. He has a sophisticated and classical musical sense. He enjoys listening to vintage Hindi cinema songs and is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar.
Now, aren’t all these facts about our dearest former captain MS Dhoni so impressive to keep drooling over him forever?
Well, indeed they are!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the net worth of Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
MS Dhoni has a total net worth is around $113 Million or Rs846 crores
2. What is the real age of Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
Currently, Mahendra Singh Dhoni is 40 years old. He was born on 7th July 1981.
3. What is the salary of Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
Mahendra Singh Dhoni earns an estimated salary of Rs50 crore per year.
4. What is the height of Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
The height of Mahendra Singh Dhoni is 1.75m or 5′ 7
5. What is the name of Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s wife?
The name of Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s wife is Sakshi Dhoni. He was married to her in 2010.
MS Dhoni has been in hundreds of interviews as well where he has been asked several behavioral and work-life questions being answered by him whole honestly. He is a darling among his fans and has Q/A rounds with them where he answers all their questions.
Several booming cricket enthusiasts see their role model in ‘MS Dhoni’ to which he just says, for a goal like this, it requires hard work and full dedication every day until you see yourself where you want to be!
Check the Other Similar Posts: