In the T20 format of cricket, we have observed that the Indian Premier League is the platform where the best of best records have been made. We have witnessed best the performances from players around the world.
In both battings as well as bowling, we have seen a lot of huge performances in the past. However, there were some bowlers who faces the worst overs as the batsman against them was so charged up that he didn’t give the bowler any chance to save.
We have listed 10 of such overs which turned out to be the most expensive ones and given away maximum runs.
10. Ashok Dinda for Rising Pune Supergiants – In IPL 2017, Ashok Dinda bowled his most unfortunate over against Mumbai Indians. Ashok Dinda conceded 28 runs in the 20th over of the match.
In the first innings, MI was batting and they lost Parthiv Patel, Jos Buttler, and Rohit Sharma at an early stage of the game. Thankfully, Pandya came to the rescue. The team was at 145 runs for 6 wickets on the 18th over.
In the last over of the innings, Pandya was batting against Ashok Dinda, Pandya hit 28 runs with 4 sixes and a boundary. Pandya’s terrific show helped MI reach the score of 184 runs.
9. Sam Curran for Chennai Super Kings – In the recently concluded season of the IPL 2021, KKR player Pat Cummins destroyed CSK Sam Curran by hitting 30 runs in a single over. CSK scored 221 runs in the first innings. In the second innings, the Kolkata team was short of 75 runs to win the game in the last five overs. Pat Cummins hit 45 runs in 24 balls. He hit 30 runs in a single over with 4 sixes.
8. Johan Van Der Wath for RCB – In the fourth season of the tournament, Australian player Shaun Marsh destroyed South African star Wath. In a match against Kings XI Punjab, Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh made a partnership of 200 runs.
In the 15th over of the match, Marsh destroyed Wath by scoring 30 runs in a single over with 3 sixes and 3 fours. The outstanding performance by them got the KXIP score to 232. Unfortunately, RCB lost the match by a large margin of 111 runs.
7. Sheldon Cottrell for KXIP – it was a match between Rajasthan Royals and KXIP in IPL 2020. In the over of Sheldon Cottrell, RR batsman Rahul Tewatia scored 30 runs in a single over with 5 sixes.
In the first innings, Punjab scored 223 runs. For RR they needed 51 runs in the last three overs to win the match. Thankfully, Tewatia was there to chase the score. His outstanding sixes helped RR win the match.
6. Andrew Symonds for Deccan Chargers – In the inaugural season of the tournament, we witnessed a brilliant performance by Virendra Sehwag. Sehwag used to play for the Delhi Daredevils team then. In a match against Deccan Chargers, Sehwag hit 30 runs against Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds.
5. Rahul Sharma for Pune Warriors – In IPL 2012, Gayle scored 30 runs in a single over. It was a match against Pune Warriors and Gayle turned out as a savior for the RCB. In an over by Rahul Sharma, Gayle hit 30 runs with five consecutive sixes in the match.
4. Shilvil Kaushik for Gujarat Lions – In season 9, the RCB captain Virat Kohli destroyed Gujarat Lions bowler Shilvil Kaushik. Virat Kohli scored 30 runs in a single over by Shilvil Kaushik with four sixes and a boundary. With a destructive performance by Kohli, RCB reached a total score of 248 runs. In the second innings, Gujarat Lions got all out at 104.
3. Parwinder Awana for Punjab Kings – In season 7, Parwinder Awana conceded 33 runs in a single over against CSK. From CSK, Suresh Raina was batting and he completely destroyed the bowlers. Raina scored 87 runs in 25 balls. However, he hit the most in Awana’s over. Raina hit 32 runs in the over with two sixes and 4 boundaries.
2. Prasanth Parameswaran for Kochi Tuskers Kerela – In the fourth season of the tournament, Kochi player Prasanth Parameswaran conceded 37 runs in a single over. It was a match between RCB and Kochi.
RCB was batting in the first innings. In the third over, Gayle was on strike and he hit 37 runs in an over. He hit four sixes and three fours in the over with a no-ball.
1. Harshal Patel for RCB – In IPL 2021, Chennai Super Kings player Ravindra Jadeja broke all the records of hitting maximum runs in a single over. Jadeja hit five sixes and two boundaries and a double to reach 37 runs.
Also Read: Fastest Centuries In T20 International