Virat Kholi “The King of Cricket” has not only broken records but also set benchmarks for upcoming young cricketers. Virat is regarded as King of Cricket in not only India but also worldwide because of his down-to-earth nature.
Virat Kohli’s recent records
- Recently, Kohli was given the opportunity to open the innings in the Super Four game against Afghanistan, and the right-handed batsman did not waste it. Kohli batted with a strike rate of 200 and scored an undefeated 122 from 61 balls.
- His inning featured six sixes and twelve fours. Kohli’s 122-run knock has re-established him as the second-highest run-scorer in T20Is. Kohli, who earlier held the top slot, is now ranked second with 3584 runs. Rohit Sharma leads the way with 3620 runs.
- Kohli snapped his century drought and now has 71 international centuries to his name. Ricky Ponting, who formerly held the solitary position of second in the list of batsmen with the most centuries across all formats, has now been joined by Kohli.
- Kohli is also the only batsman in T20I Asia Cup history to achieve a century. The T20I Asia Cup is in its second year.
- When it comes to scoring runs in T20I Asia Cups, Kohli is unrivaled. He leads the league with 429 runs in 10 games. Rohit comes in second with 271 runs.
- Virat is the fastest player to score 12000 runs in the ODI format. He took only 251 matches to reach this milestone while cricketers like Sachin, Ricky Ponting, and Kumar Sangakkara took 300, 314, and 336 matches respectively.
- Kholi has been successful in sweeping the 7 Man of the Match award in the T20 format leaving behind players like Glenn Maxwell, David Warner, and many more.
- Apart from all this Virat is the player with the highest batting average of 51.50 in T20 in his career. Apart from Mohammad Rizwan, no one is even near him.
- Virat has scored 30 half-centuries in 97 matches. He also holds 19 Player of the series awards across all the formats.
- In his international career, Virat has scored 8007 runs in 100 test matches out of which his highest of 257 remains unbeaten.
- Apart from Sunil Gavaskar, Virat is the only cricketer to score 4 centuries in a single test match. He holds the record for 27 centuries and 28 half-centuries with an average of 50.35.
- In T20 format, Virat holds a record of 30 half-centuries which is the highest in this format. Hitting 298 boundaries, he also sets the record for the most number of fours after Ireland PR Stirling.
Recommended: Who Is The King Of IPL?
The King Of Cricket: According To Country
1. David Miller(South Africa)
Nothing encapsulates the soul of David Miller more than a pair of catchphrases he coined after igniting the Indian Premier League in 2013. Miller is a left-handed batter known for his power-hitting.
His strong efforts earned him a spot on the South African national team for the West Indies trip in May and June 2010.
After failing to make the World T20 semi-finals in 2010, South Africa was in a slump. Miller was one of the players considered by the selectors who were looking for new faces. He made his T20I debut in North Sound, Antigua.
Miller also has the record for most consecutive innings without a duck, which is 90, and also the fewest ducks in his career, which is 93. These records surely made him the king of South African cricket.
2. Ben Stokes(England)
True, Ben Stokes’ confrontational temperament, along with his strong stature and incredible talent, propelled England to new heights. That was never more evident than when he etched his name in English cricket history with an unstoppable batting effort in the 2019 World Cup final.
He used every ounce of strength, talent, and willpower in making an unbeaten 84, and then, just when he thought it was all over, he stepped out to bat again to help win a Super Over by the tiniest of margins.
In Test cricket, he holds the record for the most sixes in an innings (11). He also holds the record for the longest sixth-wicket partnership in Test cricket (399).
His performance in the 2019 World Cup vaulted him into the ranks of cricket’s kings, and he was crowned King of England cricket.
Read More: Who Is The Dangerous Batsman In IPL history
3. Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan)
T20s and Rizwan did not appear to be a natural fit, but he has made a mockery of those expectations with a record-breaking year in 2021. He began with an undefeated 104 against South Africa, which was followed by seven more half-centuries, giving him the most T20I runs in a single year by any player.
In addition, he was the second highest run-scorer in the 2021 PSL, trailing only his Pakistan opening partner Babar Azam, and he guided the Multan Sultans to the title.
In 2021, he became the T-20 cricketer with the most runs in a calendar year (1326). The form he has right now is spectacular and will help Pakistan in the upcoming World Cup starting this month. All in one, he is the greatest Pakistani player and is the King of Pakistani Cricket.
4. Steven Smith(Australia)
Steven Smith began his career as a leg spinner and rose through the ranks to become Australia’s best batsman since Sir Donald Bradman. He was also a crucial member of Australia’s One-Day International team, the country’s leading run-scorer in their World Cup victory in 2015, and captain in all three forms before his career was flipped upside down.
He has broken the record of fastest to 8000 runs in just 151 matches in Test matches. He has created the record of being the fastest to 7000 runs in just 126 matches in Test cricket. In the end, he is the best Australian cricketer out there and is the King of Australian Cricket.
5. Kane Williamson(New Zealand)
Williamson is ambidextrous, bats right-handed in the top order across formats, and has established himself as a pillar of the New Zealand team since his debut in 2010.
At the crease, Williamson is at ease against pace and spin, and he expressly trusts the coaching handbook despite the evolution of batting in the Twenty20 era. His maiden Test double-century in January 2015, which helped New Zealand come from behind to defeat Sri Lanka in Wellington, is one of his best performances.
The innings demonstrated Williamson’s need for runs and batting time, as he remained disappointed despite scoring 242 in almost 10 hours.
The player is considered the MS Dhoni of the New Zealand team. The skipper has led his team to many major positions and will do so till the end of his career. The player’s cricket mind made him respected by the world of cricket and gave him the title of King of New Zealand Cricket.
6. Shakib Al Hasan(Bangladesh)
When future generations comb through the annals of Bangladesh cricket, Shakib Al Hasan will emerge and re-emerge as the finest player of the country’s first two decades.
Shakib is an accurate, consistent, and cunning bowler; aggression and a wide range of strokes are the keys to his hitting. More significantly, he possesses self-belief and an outstanding temperament, unfazed by the big occasion and eager to compete with the best.
He is standing on top with two other legendary bowlers in the table of most four-wickets-in-an-innings in a career. He has taken four wickets in an innings six times.
The two other players with him are Umar Gul and Rashid Khan. In the end, he is the best player in Bangladesh and has claimed the title of King of Bangladesh Cricket.
7. Hashmatullah Shahidi(Afghanistan)
Hashmatullah Shahidi is a young left-handed batter who worked hard in Afghanistan’s age-group teams before breaking into the senior side. Shahidi began his career in the Under-17 team and was named to Afghanistan’s squad for the Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand in 2010.
Four years later, he was part of the under-19 team that defeated Australia and Sri Lanka, earning him a spot on Afghanistan’s first full tour of Zimbabwe.
He admires Kumar Sangakkara, and his favorite shot is the cover drive. As a senior player, he has done a spectacular job and claimed the title of King of Afghan Cricket.
8. Virat Kohli (India)
Virat Kohli is the batsman with the most hundreds against a single side in One Day International cricket. Kohli has nine hundred against the West Indies, matching Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar’s total of nine centuries against Australia.
Kohli, on the other hand, accomplished the feat in 42 games. In one-day international cricket, Kohli has eight hundred against Australia and Sri Lanka, five against New Zealand, and four against South Africa.
Virat holds numerous records, including the fastest time to 3500 runs (96) in Twenty20 Internationals, the most hundreds against one team (9), the fastest time to 8000 runs (175), the fastest time to 9000 runs (194), the fastest time to 10000 runs (205), the fastest time to 11000 runs (222), and the fastest time to 12000 runs (242).
Virat Kohli: Batting Stats In International Cricket
Quotes About The King Of Cricket Virat Kohli
If you want to know how the team is performing, look at Kohli’s face. – Nasser Hussain
To become a good player, you need talent. To become a great player, you need an attitude like Kohli’s.” — Sunil Gavaskar
This guy is abusing the form he’s in. The kookaburra can’t take any more punishment.” – Darren Sammy
There’s no shame in being beaten by a genius. Virat Kohli is a freak.” – Michael Vaughan
The kind of form he’s in, he picked this ball yesterday afternoon.” – Harsha Bhogle
I’ve not seen Sir Don bat, but maybe I have. – Aakash Chopra
Also Read: Most Popular Cricketers In The World
18 thoughts on “Who Is Known As The King Of Cricket?”
[url=”https://brainycoursework.com”]coursework writing uk[/url]
coursework help uk
Промокод 1xbet. Click Here:👉 http://www.newlcn.com/pages/news/promo_kod_1xbet_na_segodnya_pri_registracii.html
1xbet promo code. Click Here:👉 http://https://www.lafp.org/includes/pages/1xbet-promo-code-1xbet-bonus.html
I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! https://www.hampdenstateuniversity.com/
I was just looking for this info for a while. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your web site. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this type of informative websites in top of the list. Generally the top web sites are full of garbage.
Hi cricfann.com webmaster, Your posts are always well received by the community.
Dear cricfann.com admin, Your posts are always well written.
Dear cricfann.com owner, Your posts are always a great source of knowledge.
Hi cricfann.com administrator, You always provide useful information.
Hello cricfann.com administrator, Your posts are always well-balanced and objective.
The major ART procedures include in vitro fertilization IVF, embryo cryopreservation, and micromanipulation techniques online generic cialis
To the cricfann.com administrator, Your posts are always well organized and easy to understand.
To the cricfann.com webmaster, Your posts are always well-referenced and credible.
Hello cricfann.com administrator, Thanks for the well-organized and comprehensive post!
To the cricfann.com admin, Your posts are always well-supported by facts and figures.
Hi cricfann.com webmaster, Your posts are always on topic and relevant.
Hello cricfann.com owner, Thanks for the great post!