The net worth of Joseph Edward Root, also known as Joe Root, who is currently the captain of the England Test cricket team is $3 million or 22 crores.
Under his leadership, the England side has been successful, winning a number of matches. Joe Root is a fantastic player. Joe Root is also mentioned as a member of the Joe Root Cricket cricket squad in England.
In recent years, he has also been awarded the distinction of “most expensive captain in the world.
“Due to the fact that Joy presently earns a substantial amount of money through cricket, he is anticipated to earn up to $3 million a year by 2022. Joe engages in a range of matches as a player who competes on an international level.
Numerous additional sorts of sponsorships provide him with financial compensation.
Joe Root’s Net Worth
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees:||Rs 22 crore|
|Salary:||Rs 5-20 lakhs|
|Monthly Income:||Rs 77,98,388|
|Date of Birth:||December 30, 1990|
Joe Root currently serves as captain of the England cricket team for Test matches. He has established himself as captain of the world’s most expensive team.
If they discuss their monthly profits, they earn around 77,98,388,75; if they discuss their annual earnings, they earn approximately $9,358,065,00.
Joe Root is regarded as one of the most expensive cricket players in the world and the most expensive captain in cricket.
As the most expensive player, Joe receives roughly 7.22 crores from the ECB, making him the most expensive player. Additionally, Joe is the most costly captain.
Related Post: Dinesh Karthik’s Net Worth
Although Virat Kohli, the captain of the Indian cricket team, is sometimes recognized as one of the world’s most expensive athletes, he is not the most expensive captain.
Current England Test captain Joe Root has the greatest annual income with 7 crores, followed by Virat Kohli with the second-highest annual income.
Joe Root’s Salary
|Net Worth (2022)||$3 million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs 22 crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs 77,98,388|
|Yearly Income||Rs 9,35,80,665|
|Income Source||Cricket, Endorsement|
Cricketers are compensated according to the contracts awarded to them by their individual national cricket boards; in the case of Joe Root, the England Cricket Board has awarded him contracts.
For the 2021–22 season, the England and Wales Cricket Board paid Joe Root the maximum amount permitted by the terms of his core contract.
Because of his Central Contract and white-ball cricket, Joe Root, the captain of the England test team, has a net worth of £ 870,000.
Joe Root’s match fee is dependent on the type of competition in which he competes. Root receives Rs. 18.5 lakhs for each Test he plays, Rs.10 lakhs for each International match he participates in, and Rs.5.1 lakhs for each T20 International match he participates in from the England Cricket board.
Joe’s annual base income was roughly $1.2 million, and he received bonuses ranging from several hundred thousand to several million dollars annually.
This young hitter also makes money from commercial endorsement work, providing him with supplemental income.
Joe Root’s Endorsements
The well-known business Brut was placed on Joe Root’s list of firms he recommends. In the past, he served as a brand ambassador for major insurance firms, including New Balance and Vitality.
- Vitality Insurance
- Sports gear company New Balance.
Interesting Facts About Joe Root
- Joe Root, largely regarded as one of the most gifted batsmen of this generation, has built a reputation for himself in international cricket with his technically adept, tenacious, and dependable batting in all formats.
- Although he began his cricket career as an opener and occasional off-spinner, he eventually became the England cricket team’s most valuable player.
- As a batter, he is able to perform effectively even when the stakes are high, and on multiple occasions, he has been the one to bail out his club. The root is one of the few cricket players who are frequently a topic of conversation among cricket fans worldwide.
- Root’s accomplishments have made him one of the most discussed athletes. There are, despite this, a few fascinating truths about Joe Root that, if disclosed, would leave you speechless.
- Joseph Edward Root was born on the 30th of December, 1990, in Dore, Sheffield, United Kingdom. His parents, Helen and Matt Root, were his parents.
- After graduating from King Ecgbert School at the age of 14, Root was offered a sports scholarship to attend Worksop College at the age of 15. Afterward, he pursued his education at Worksop College.
- Joe Root made his professional debut for the Yorkshire 2nd XI in 2007. In his first game, he faced Derbyshire and scored 57 runs.
- After a while, he was given a spot in Yorkshire’s first XI to play against Essex in the Natwest Pro40 League, where he not only excelled but also hit 63 runs.
- In 2008, when Root represented England at the Under-19 World Cup, he donned the England national team shirt.
- However, he did not perform very well with the bat, as indicated by his total of 138 runs scored over the course of six games.
- England ultimately finished ninth in the competition as a direct result of this.
- In 2012, Joe Root made his debut on the international stage, taking part in his first Test match against India. Everyone was amazed by his well-executed 73 runs during the competition.
- Everyone is aware of his tremendous performance in test cricket matches. He has scored 8887 runs in 106 tests for an average of 49.09 runs per game.
- With a total of 8887 runs, Root is currently England’s third-highest run-scorer in tests, and he trails Graham Gooch by only 13 runs in the race for the No. 2 spot.
- During the encounter against India, Joseph Root made his first appearance in all three forms of the game.
- He is the only English batsman in the history of one-day internationals to record ten consecutive scores of 30 or higher. This accomplishment was accomplished during one-day internationals.
- During the 2013 Ashes, David Warner struck him in the face at 2:30 in the morning while they were both out drinking and partying in a club in Birmingham. As a direct result, Warner will not appear in any other episodes of the series.
- Root was named the “Wisden Cricketer of the Year” in 2014 for his exceptional achievement in the sport.
- Joe Root has scored the third-most runs after 25 test matches, with only Rahul Dravid and Brian Lara having scored more. After the same amount of test matches, only Rahul Dravid and Brian Lara have scored more runs.
- 2019 was the year that England won the World Cup for the first time in its history. Root, a member of the English national team, placed fifth overall in terms of run totals at the conclusion of the competition (556 runs in 12 games).
- The root is an exceptional batsman, but he has never played in the Indian Premier League because no IPL side has expressed interest in signing him. Consequently, Root has never had the chance to participate in the IPL.
- During the 2018–19 season of the Big Bash League, Root was a member of the Sydney Thunder squad. This season marked Root’s second with the franchise.
- This game-altering occurrence is simply titled “Hundred” and involves 100 balls. The current participant in this competition is Joe Root, and it is revolutionizing the game. As a member of the Trent Rockets, he is participating in the competition
- In 2018, Root married Carrie Cotterell, the woman he had been dating for a lengthy period of time. As a married couple, they are the proud parents of two children.
- Root’s incident with Australian opener David Warner in a Birmingham bar during the 2013 Ashes in England led to Warner’s exclusion from the most recent Ashes in England.
- Root’s altercation with Warner prompted Warner’s suspension from the most recent Ashes series in England. While the series was being competed in the United Kingdom, the incident occurred.
- Warner allegedly hit Root in the face at the hotel bar after Root placed a green and gold wig on his chin, which Warner mistook for a parody of South Africa’s Hashim Amla.
- Root placed the wig on Warner following Warner’s placement of the wig on Root. Root took offense to Warner’s behavior, which he perceived as an attempt to imitate Amla.
- Former university teammates of Joe Root referred to him as “FEC,” which stood for “Future England Captain” (the same moniker was once used for Michael Atherton).
- In 2004, while he was playing for Sheffield Collegiate in a local league Under-17 game, his opponents erroneously assumed that some of his teammates were FEC. They were performing for younger audiences.
- Root, who was 13 at the time, was just five feet tall and appeared to be no older than 10 years old.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- Who is Joe Root’s wife?
Joe Root and Carrie Cotterell, who had been together for a long time and were engaged, exchanged wedding vows on December 1, 2018.
A mother, her father, and their two young children make a lavish Yorkshire home their permanent residence. The four-member family includes a mother, a father, and their two children.
In 2017, Carrie Cotterell gave birth to the couple’s first child, a son named Alfred William. The pair became parents for the first time in 2017. This moment signified the start of their journey as parents.
In July 2020, they welcomed their daughter Isabella into the world, becoming their parents for the second time. This moment signified the start of their journey as parents.
Q- What did Joe Root’s teammates call him amongst themselves? What did the other players refer to Joe Root as?
Since he was a small child, Joe Root has participated in cricket with his college-aged buddies and teammates. Due to his unwavering dedication to the sport and his always excellent performance, his teammates used to tease him about the likelihood that England would one day select him as captain.
Q- When did Joe Root make his test match debut? When did he first score a run?
Root was scheduled to make his debut in a test match and take over as captain of the England Lions in Australia late in 2012. Instead, after participating in 36 First-Class matches for Yorkshire and hitting four centuries, he was selected for England’s tour of India.
This occurred after he scored a century in each of those games. In the fourth test match, which took place in Nagpur, India, he was given the opportunity to make his debut. This put him ahead of other players competing for the same position, including Samit Patel, Eoin Morgan, and Jonny Bairstow.
Due to the fact that he was on an educational trip to India at the time of the game, he was not able to play. After patiently batting against 229 pitches in the second inning, he proclaimed his arrival with a magnificent 73-run performance. This was his best frame.
Q- How is Joe Root’s family?
The Root family’s involvement with cricket dates back numerous generations. His grandpa was the captain of the Rotterdam squad that won the Yorkshire League, while his father was a member of the Sheffield Collegiate Cricket team.
In addition, his father played for the squad. Joe is not the only professional cricketer; Joe’s 10-year-younger brother Billy Root also plays the game. Currently, he has a contract to play for Glamorgan County Cricket Club.
Q- What is Joe Root’s nickname?
Throughout the years, Root has been known by a variety of nicknames, including Joe, Shorty, and “The Golden Child.”
Also Read: Hitman In Cricket