The auctions for Indian Premier League 2021 have been started yesterday with some of the big picks of the year. In the auction, Chris Morris was sold for the highest price of whopping 16.25 crores by Rajasthan Royals. The royals made quite a big decision by taking Chris Morris, hope he meets the expectations of the team. After Morris, the second most expensive player was Glenn Maxwell who was sold for 14.25 crores by Royal Challengers Bangalore. Around 292 players were available for the auction for eight teams. Seems like the game is going to take the next level this year.
There are a total of 164 Indian players and 125 overseas players to be available for auctions. Also, three players from Association Nations will be there for auction. Eight teams are going to bid for the players including Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, Delhi Capitals, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai Super Kings, and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
In the auction, nine players have already been bought within the 2 crores bracket including Jason Roy, Harbhajan Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Glenn Maxwell, etc. Team Kings XI Punjab is expected to buy more players as the team has a very big budget of 53 crores.
- Chennai Super Kings- Team CSK bought only three players in the auction. The most expensive of them was the all-rounder Krishnappa Gowtham whom they bought for 9.25 crores. The second one was Moeen Ali, the all-rounder for 7 crores and cheteshwar Pujara for 50 lakh.
- Delhi Capitals- Delhi Capitals bought seven-player including all rounder Tom Curran, batsman Steve Smith, Umesh Yadav, Ripal Patel, Vishnu Vinod, Lukman Hussain Meriwala, and M Siddharth. Most of the player that DC took was bowlers. The team spent around 9 lakhs to buy them.
- Kolkata Knight Riders- KKR just bought two players this year, All-rounder Shakib Al Hasan for 3.2 crores and Wicket Keeper Sheldon Jackson for 20 lakhs.
- Mumbai Indians- MI went for three players this year including Nathan Coulter Nile for 5 crores, Adam Milne for 3.2 crores, and Piyush Chawla for 2.4 crores. All three are bowlers.
- Punjab Kings- Punjab bought Jhye Richardson for massive 14 crores, Riley Meredith for 8 crores, Shahrukh Khan, Moises Henriques, Dawid Malan, Jalaj Saxena, and Utkarsh Singh.
- Rajasthan Royals- Rajasthan took Christopher Morris, Shivam Dube, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman, and K. C. Cariappa with a total spent of around 23 crores.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore- RCB bought Kyle Jamieson, Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, and Mohammad Azharudeen with a total spent of around 30 crores.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad- Sunrisers Hyderabad went for only one player, J Suchith who is a bowler for 30 lakhs.