Getting out at zero runs is very awkward for a player as no one expects him to get out with making a run. But still, many times even great players get out on zero. Many times, the player might be out of form or having some kind of pressure on him because of which, he couldn’t play well.
Sometimes, players get the duck out without any mistake of him. The player tries to take a run and either he gets run out or he gets another run-out. We have listed some of the players in the history of the Indian Premier League who got out most of the time in a single season at zero.
5 PLAYERS WITH FOUR DUCKS IN AN IPL SEASON
- Herschelle Gibbs – Gibbs the South African former player used to play for Deccan Chargers in the year 2009. He is a very good player and very quick on defending runs and taking catches. However, he got 4 ducks in that season. Despite that, he got to play 14 matches where he scored 371 runs. His team also won the title that year.
- Mithun Manhas – Many of you might not have heard this name before. Mithun Manhas is a domestic player and has played for CSK, DC, and Pune Warriors. He is a batsman and has decent scores in his IPL career. He played 55 games in the IPL and scored 514 runs. Though he couldn’t pull off a century or half-century ever. In IPL 2011, he played for Pune Warriors when he got to duck out four 4 times.
- Manish Pandey – another Indian player who makes it to the list is Manish Pandey. Pandey currently plays for the Sunrisers Hyderabad team in the IPL. Pandey was the first Indian player who hit a century in the IPL. He has also won the title with KKR in 2014. The player got 4 times to duck out in 2012 when he was playing for Pune Warriors.
- Shikhar Dhawan – this might come a little shocking as Dhawan is a very good batsman and he is having the Orange Cap for the most run in IPL this season. Still, he had a bad time once in the year 2020 where he got out 4 times at zero. Though he played well and scored 618 runs in the rest matches. He was the second-highest scorers of the tournament and got his team to the finals.
- Nicholas Pooran – Last but not least comes Nicholas Pooran who plays for Punjab Kings in IPL 2021. Pooran is not able to play well in this season which is the reason why he got to duck out 4 times. His inability to play this season is one of the reasons his team is not able to rise on the points table.
Do you think there is another player which we didn’t mention?