The current season of the Indian Premier League has been very tragic. The IPL matches got started on 9th April 2021. But after around 29 matches, the rest of the scheduled games got postponed as the Covid-19 situations in the country got worse.
However, after a halt of around four months, the next scheduled matches have been continued. If everything goes very well, we might see the playoffs of this season from 10th October. Unfortunately, the spectators are not allowed in the stadium as per the safety precautions taken for Covid-19.
However, the fans of the Indian Premier League are more excited about the next season of the tournament. there are already rumors going on about the next season of the game.
There are a lot of speculations been made about the teams, matches, and schedules. We have also fetched some details of the next season of the tournament.
Ipl 2022 Mega Auction Details
Just like every year, the auction of the IPL 2022 is surely going to be very huge. A lot of money will be spent on buying the players and undoubtedly it will be an interesting auction.
Though we do not have any such details about the auction from the IPL officials still the auctions are expected to take place by the end of this year or by early 2022 but as of now, the IPL 2022 auction date hasn’t been finalized.
Ipl 2022 Schedule
Unlike every year, the matches of IPL 2022 will be played a little early. The games are expected to be starting from February to March of 2022 and might last till June to July. As per the current analysis, the franchises have not earned much from the IPL 2021 as compared to the money they make every year.
Also, there were no spectators on the ground which also reduced their revenue, so it seems the money spent for the next auctions will be less compared to this year.
Any New Teams In The Indian Premier League 2022?
One of the biggest questions for the IPL 2022 – will there be any new teams in the game? The answer to the question is Yes, there are going to be two new teams in the tournament. So after adding these two, there will be 10 IPL teams in the next season.
The most expected teams are Ahmedabad and one from Uttar Pradesh, hopefully, Lucknow or Kanpur. The information is official and BCCI has also confirmed the same. The tenders for the inclusion of new teams have already taken place and soon the news will be out about who will own the team.
There are some big names which are expected to own a team mainly Adani Group who have their headquarters in Ahmedabad, Piramal Group, the Torrent Group, and Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
As per the official announcements of BCCI, there are six cities namely Guwahati, Ranchi, Cuttack, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, and Dharamsala. Any two from the six will be the two new franchises. The Board of Control for Cricket in India is expected to introduce new teams by next month.
Any New Rules For The Next Season?
Talking about the rules and regulations, there is no information available as of new from the officials, but we will let you know as soon as we hear something. The rules and regulations are completely subject to the Covid-19 conditions in the country. Though the Covid-19 restrictions are still here, we might expect some related rules to be there for the next season too.
Retention And Rtm Card: Will There Be Rtm In Ipl 2022?
RTM Card will be one of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction rules. After the introduction of new rules in the tournament, one team can retain four of their players. Though the team cannot retain four domestic or four international players at one.
It can either be one Indian and three International or three Indian and one overseas player. However, if a country retains its four players, all the rest of the players have to be sold through auction. The same method will be there in the next season of the tournament too. As per the BCCI rule, one franchise can spend a maximum of 90 crores for getting a team ready in the auction.
How Many Rtm Cards Are There In Ipl 2022?
There will be three retentions or three RTM cards allowed in be IPL 2022. As per the rules, the salary of retained players will be 15 crores, 11 crores, and 7 crores INR for the three players retained.
If there are two players only, the salary will be 12.5 and 8.5 crores respectively. The players which are most likely to be retained by their franchises are Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, and Virat Kohli.
Ipl 2022 Schedule
As there is a total of 10 teams to be playing in the tournament, the number of matches is expected to be around 90 and as the number has increased, the time of the tournament will also increase as it is not possible to conduct the match in just two months.
There will be two groups in which 5 teams will be there in each group compete with each other throughout the tournament. The top teams from the leader board will go to playoffs and further to finals as they win matches.
Players Most Likely To Be Retained In Ipl 2022
- Chennai Super Kings – the three-times winning IPL team CSK is known for their brilliant performance every year. The team is most likely to retain MS Dhoni. Dhoni is the face of the team and even if he is captain of the team or not, he will always be the one giving directions. The franchise would never want to drop such a fantastic and wise player from the team. The second name on the list is Ravindra Jadeja, the all-rounder who has proved himself multiple times with his outstanding show. Next on the list is the all-rounder from West Indies, Dwayne Bravo. Bravo is a great player and has helped the team a lot of times winning matches.
- Delhi Capitals – Delhi Capitals has been doing great for the last few seasons and it’s just because of one man, Shreyas Iyer. Iyer is most likely to be retained by the franchise for next season. Along with him, the power-packed performers Rishabh Pant and Kagiso Rabada are also expected to be there with DC in the next season. Shikhar Dhawan is also in DC and is also an important player to the team. There would be a very tough decision for DC to choose their players.
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR team is always having some of the star players in the team. However, even after having such a great line-up, they fail to perform up to the mark. Though they are most likely to retain Shubham Gill, the scoring machine Andre Russell, and Pat Cummins.
- Mumbai Indians – Mumbai Indians is one of the teams who show their best performance every year. no matter what the results are, they never fail to win hearts. The franchise is very likely to retain the Hitman Rohit Sharma. Sharma is one of the reasons the team has won the IPL title five times in history. Along with Rohit Sharma, there is Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah and Kieron Pollard are the players who have a high chance of getting retained.
- Punjab Kings – Punjab Kings have their highly valuable player, their captain KL Rahul. So, Rahul is the first option for the team for retention. Rahul has always been a performer for the team and having him will be a privilege for them. Other players who might be there in the Kings are Mayank Agarwal, Mohammad Shami, and Nicholas Pooran. These players also need no introduction as they have performed great in past and they might get a chance to play with Punjab Kings this season again.
- Rajasthan Royals – The Journey of Rajasthan Royals has not been very great in the past couple of years. They are the first IPL champions in history but unfortunately, it was also the last time they won the title. As the performance of the team hasn’t been very great, we cannot expect any player to be retained by the teams. Still, Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, and Sanju Samson are the players whom the Royals might retain as they have tried their best in the past and proved their potential.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – One of the most powerful teams in the tournament but still they never won the IPL title in history. However, it will be very easy for the franchise to decide which players they have to retain. The most likely names are captain Virat Kohli, Ab De Villiers, and Yuzvendra Chahal. These three are the best of RCB and have the potential to take the team to playoffs.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – Sunrisers Hyderabad completed shocked everyone with their retention of players in the last season. For the next season, we are putting our stakes on Rashid Khan, Kane Williamson, and T Natarajan. These three players have a high chance of playing for the Hyderabad team again in the next season.
Do you think there should be someone else to be retained by any of the teams? Do let us know in the comments.