The 14th edition of the India Premier League will start with a match between the defending champions, Mumbai Indians, and Virat Kohli’s Royal Challengers Bangalore. They will play on 9th April 2020 in Chennai.
Many experts have seen making their perfect playing 11 for all the eight franchises, while others pick the players to watch out for in this tournament. Some experts are also busy naming the uncapped players who might have a good IPL 2021 season.
Akash Chopra is a former cricketer, and now he is an expert who gives his views on all going cricket activities around the world. Mr. Chopra has a social media page named Akashvani, and most often, he is invited as the guest expert on Star Sports India Networks as well.
For the IPL 201 season < Chopra has picked up the top six Indian batsmen who could do well in this edition of the IPL 2021 season. Today in this segment, we shall let our viewers and fans know about them –
- Rohit Sharma – The MI skipper has the most trophies in this cash-rich league tournament. Rohit has been consistent for his Team, and Akash Chopra feels that Rohit Sharma will have a good IPL 2021 season. Mumbai Indians will play few starting matches on the spin-friendly tracks of Delhi and Chennai. So Chopra feels that Indian batters will have a role to play in this IPL season. Despite being a consistent performer for MI, Rohit doesn’t have any stellar stats. He is a captain of the most successful Team in the IPL that he doesn’t need to perform. But according to Chopra, this year will be another critical year for Rohit and Co. In the last six to eight months, Rohit has been batting with a responsibility. Rohit knows that if he stays for ten overs, at least he will take the game away from the opposition team. Akash Chopra feels that Rohit will enjoy this year’s IPL.
- Virat Kohli – Akash Chopra feels that the Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper will wear the orange cap in IPL 2021. Virat will open the innings with Devdutt Paddikal this season. So Chopra feels that VK will score the most runs for his Team, and he will also win the orange cap in IPL 2021 season. Kohli’s Virat centuries have come while opening the innings in the IPL. THIS TIME, Kohli will bring his stellar performances compared to the last year, where he didn’t get a chance to practice more because of the lockdown. Virat is always hungry for runs, and Akash Chopra predicts that VK will be the highest run score of IPL 2021.
- Rishabh Pant – He is the newly appointed captain of Delhi Capitals. Akash Chopra feels that Pant will be the only player who could take the orange cap away from the RCB skipper King Kohli. Chopra also suggests that Pant should promote himself to number 3 in the absence of Shreyas Iyer. Pant had an ordinary IPL 2020. His role while batting was to be watchful and the attack, which didn’t work for him. But everything changed for Pant in 2021. He scored brilliantly in the Test series in Australia and England. Now he is also back in India’s T20I and ODIs squads. Chopra feels that Pant can hit big sixes, and if he promotes to the number 3 position, he can also be the batsman who could hit the most sixes in this year IPL 2021. Pant also becomes matured, and he has skills that will help win the orange cap for this season, and he might snatch the orange cap from Virat.
- Suryakumar Yadav – SKY is riding high for Surya, who had made his T20I debut in style for India against England. He scored his first delivery in the T20I match for a six, and he also slammed a half-century in his first outing in the match. Chopra is confident that SKY will carry this confidence in IPL 2021 because he is a phenomenal player, and he will be unstoppable this year. Chopra said that SKY needs to carry the same confidence into this year’s IPL, and he will do fine without playing the unorthodox shots. Surya should bat at a good number as he did in 2020. SKY will have a good IPL 2021 season, feels Akash Chopra.
- KL Rahul – The skipper for Punjab Kings will again be the run machine for PBKS. Akash Chopra feels that Kamaal Lajawab Rahul will smash 500 plus runs in IPL 2021. Last year, Rahul was the orange cap winner. He scored 670 runs in IPL 2020. Chopra feels that this year also Rahul will score the most runs for Punjab Kings. Rahul can hit big shots at will and be technically correct at the same time. Chopra predicts that Rahul will have a good season. But the debates on his strike rate will remain the same as he will be the anchor of the Punjab Kings innings.
- Shikhar Dhawan – With the World T20 will be played this year in India, Dhawan will be the man with a mission of performing well in IPL 2021, and he will want to be a part of that ICC Mega event in October and November 2021. Dhawan also smashed 600 plus runs in the last season, and he was the first player to hit two back-to-back centuries in the IPL’s history. Dhawan was not in the squad after the first T20I match against England. That would have pinched him a lot. Now he would want to get back into India’s T20I squad by scoring most runs this year’s IPL. He is the best when he pushes himself back to the wall and score consistent runs for the Delhi Capitals, which could make his way back into the Indian Team.