In the Indian Premier League history, Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings have been the most successful teams of this cash-rich league tournament. Mumbai Indians have won the most titles, and CSK has the second most title wins with them.
MI are the defending champions of the IPL 2021 season. They have won five titles to their name under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy, and CSK has won three IPL trophies under Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
These two sides were the finalist of IPL 2019, and they also started the IPL 2020 season in the UAE.
In the 13 years of IPL, many have seen the players be part of different franchises and teams during their title wins.
The players are valuable to their franchises. But the players cannot stick to one IPL franchise like Dhoni and Kohli, and Rohit has done over the years.
Today we shall bring the names of those five players who have won an IPL title by playing with the two different franchises of the IPL. Here are the five players who have won the title by playing with the Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings.
- Harbhajan Singh – The spinner’s veteran will play for Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 2021 season. Bhajji has already been with Chennai Super Kings, and Mumbai Indians during their IPL title wins. Overall, Bhajji has won three IPL titles as a player with two different franchises. Bhajji was part of the 2015 and 2017 title wins of Mumbai Indians. Then he was not retained with the MI franchise in the auction. So in 2018, he went to play for the Yello Army, CSK. In 2018, CSK won the title, and Harbhajan was part of it. Now Bhajji hopes to part of the title-winning team Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2021.
- Ambati Rayudu – The Opening batsman of the CSK team will be the IPL 2021 for the Yellow Army. But earlier in his career, he was the part of Mumbai Indians who won the three titles in 2013, 2015, and 2017. Then he went to play for CSK, and he was a crucial player from them in 2018. Rayudu brilliantly in that 2018 season helped CSK to win their third title. Now he hopes to part of the IPL 2021 title for CSK again.
- Parthiv Patel – He was the youngest player to play the Test matches for India. He has been part of many teams in the Indian Premier League. He retired from all forms of Cricket. Now Parthiv is with MI as a team member of scout recruitment. Parthiv was the part of CSK in the title win of the 2010 season, and he played well for Mumbai Indians in 2015 and 2017 to win them the IPL title. In IPL 2020, his last franchise was RCB. Parthiv has played 139 games in the IPL, and he has scored 2848 runs with a strike rate of 120.8.
- Tim Southee – The Kiwi pace bowler was also the part of MI and CSK in their title win. Southee was with CSK when they defended their title after they won in 2010. But Tim was released from the squad and went to the MI camp in 2016. He then becomes the title-winning member seven years later. Mumbai Indians won the 2017 title under Rohit Sharma. Southee has picked up 28 wickets in the 40 IPL matches. He is the only overseas player to be part of two title-winning teams on this list.
- Karn Sharma – Karn Sharma has achieved a rare feat in his IPL career. He was a member of the title-winning team for three back-to-back years. In 2016, Karn was part of SRH, In 2017, Sharma was part of Mumbai Indians, and in 2018, Karn Sharma was part of CSK. Sharma was benched most of the time when he was with CSK. But Karn is also a handy batsman who can give few lusty blows towards the end. He has picked up 59 wickets from 68 IPL matches with an economy rate of 7.90.