The 14th edition of the Indian Premier League will start in fewer weeks. They will play the IPL 2021 season in India behind closed doors. The IPL 2021 season will begin from 9th April 2021 to 30th May 2021.
Overs the IPL has been giving many opportunities to young and future players of the Indian Cricket Team. IPL means where talent meets opportunities and, any youngsters have credited the IPL for their success in the International Cricket arena.
The IPL is a platform where it makes a player match-ready. They have full match awareness when they go in the India colors.
The IPL has thrilling games so that the youngsters could be on their toes, and with that, the young guns of India can play and groom under the legends of the game.
The cash-rich league tournament has been the biggest league in the world since 2008. The IPL has been responsible for shaping many young players’ careers, who went to represent India later on.
Now, in IPL 2021 season, many uncapped players will come as a surprise with their performance. Last year, RCB’s Devdutt Paddikal won the award for emerging player of the IPL 2020.
Paddikal was an uncapped player for Bangalore in that season. But because of his consistency, he scored the most, 473 runs last year, and he will be open the innings with the Indian Skipper and modern legend Virat Kohli in IPL 2021.
Today in this article, we shall let our viewers and readers know about the Top five uncapped players to watch out for in the Indian Premier League 2021 season –
- Arjun Tendulkar – All eyes will be on Sachin Tendulkar’s son Arjun Tendulkar. The defending champion side, Mumbai Indians, has auctioned Arjun. He is the uncapped player to watch out for in this season. Arjun is a fast-bowling all-rounder. He had played for Mumbai in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, where he scored 31 balls 77 runs, and he also picked up three wickets. Arjun also played an under 19 match against Sri Lanka at Colombo in 2018.
- Punjab Kings has picked Shahrukh Khan – The power hitter from Tamil Nadu, for 5.25 Crores. He had a good outing in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in 2021, and he has come through the ranks of Tamil Nadu and the Tamil Nadu Premier League. Shahrukh had scored 293 runs from the 31 T20 matches played in that tournament. Khan is also a leg spinner. They can use him in the middle overs.
- Anukul Roy – A slow left-arm orthodox bowler Anukul Roy plays for the Mumbai Indians franchise. He had made his debut with MI in 2019. But Roy didn’t get many opportunities with the ball that season. He was the joint highest wicket-taker in the under 19 world cup in 2018. Roy picked up 14 wickets in just six games, and he also played a vital role in India’s historic win in New Zealand.
- Jalaj Saxena – Jalraj has played no matches in this cash-rich league tournament. He was with MI, RCB, and DC in the past. Now he will play for the Punjab Kings in IPL 2021 season. He has been a prominent bowler in the longer version of the game. But now, with Punjab Kings, he will look to shape up nicely as a T20 bowler. He was the third-highest wicket-taking spinner in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2021. He was also the most economical bowler in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, where he took eight wickets with just 3.74 as his economy. Saxena is a finger spinner who can do well in any situation. He can open the bowling, and he can fetch wickets in all crucial junctures of the game.
- Rajasthan Royals has picked Chetan Sakariya up for 1.20 crores in the IPL 2021 auctions. He has been in stellar form for the past few weeks. Sakariya picked up 12 wickets from five matches in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, and his excellent record also continued in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, where he took eight wickets. RR hopes that Chetan’s excellent form continues in the IPL 2021 as well. Chetan has confidence, accuracy, and wicket-taking ability. Chetan will be an excellent bowler to start the innings in the absence of Jofra Archer. RR will Sakariya to be the key bowler in this season.