In recent years, we have seen franchises spending a fortune to buy the players for their team. Every franchise wants to win the title and hence they spend a lot of money buying the best players for their team. Not only the batsmen, but we have also seen many bowlers on whom a lot of money was spent.
In the current IPL season too, a lot of bowlers were picked up for huge money as they were in good form as well as in high demand. If we talk about the numbers, every team will play fourteen matches in this season and every bowler will get four overs each match.
So, each bowler will get 336 deliveries in the IPL, up to the group stage matches. So, talking about the per ball cost of the players, we have 5 of them who sold out the most expensive.
MOST EXPENSIVE BOWLERS AS PER THE COST PER BALL
1. Chris Morris – Chris Morris, the South African bowler was the most expensive bowler in the IPL 2021 picked by the Rajasthan Royals team. The Royals spent 16.25 crores to pick Morris according to which is per ball would cost 4.83 lacs to the franchise.
2. Kyle Jamieson – The New Zealand player has been picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2021. The player was bought for 15 scorers this season which means he will get 4.46 lacs per delivery.
3. Jhye Richardson – Jhye Richardson is also bought by the Punjab Team in the IPL 2021 auctions for whopping 16 crores which is no less than a fortune. According to the balls that he will deliver, he will get 4.16 lacs for every delivery.
4. Krishnappa Gowtham – Gowtham has been picked up by Chennai Super Kings this season and he has been picked for 9.25 crores. With such a price, his per delivery will cost the franchise 2.75 lacs.
5. Riley Meredith – Riley Meredith is an Australian player who was picked up by the Punjab Kings team for this season. The player was bought for whopping 8 crores in the current season and if we divide it by the number of deliveries that he will get, he will be paid 2.38 lacs rupees for every single delivery.
So, though the players have been paid a huge amount of money for the season, do you think they will worth it?