After an impressive 3-1 win in the Test series over England, there have been changes in the latest ICC Test rankings announced by ICC on Wednesday.
Kane Williamson, Steve Smith, Joe Root, Marnus Labuschagne, Virat Kohli and Babar Azam maintained the top six spots. England captain Joe Root and Virat Kohli did not have a great fourth match as both were dismissed cheaply.
The explosive wicketkeeper batsman Rishabh Pant made a remarkable 101 and helped India recover from 146 for 6 reaches his career-best rankings of number 7th.
It was an amazing knock by Pant who showed patience in the first fifty runs and then counterattacked putting pressure on England bowlers with innovative strokes.
His knock helped India post a competitive total and then bowl out visitors for a paltry total to give the hosts an innings and 25 runs win. For his 101, Pant was awarded the man of the match.
Henry Nicholls and Rohit Sharma have the same number of points as of Pant, but Nicholls is at number 8th while Rohit is at number 9th due to decimal points. David Warner slips one place down to number 10th in the rankings.
Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Kane Williamson (New Zealand)- 919
- Steve Smith (Australia)- 891
- Marnus Labuschagne (Australia)- 878
- Joe Root (England)- 831
- Virat Kohli (India)- 814
- Babar Azam (Pakistan)- 760
- Rishabh Pant (India)- 747
- Henry Nicholls (New Zealand)- 747
- Rohit Sharma (India)- 747
- David Warner (Australia)- 724
In the bowling department, Pat Cummins remained steady at number 1. Ravichandran Ashwin who had another brilliant performance in the 4th Test match against England, moves one place up to number 2nd. He grabbed 8 wickets and helped India register an innings and 25 runs win.
Neil Wagner slips one place down to number 3rd. The veteran pace bowler from England, James Anderson moved two places up at number 4. He took 3 wickets for 44 runs giving away just 1.76 runs per over.
Josh Hazlewood and Tim Southee slips one place down to number 5 and 6 respectively. Stuart Broad and Kagiso Rabada remained steady.
Australian pacer Mitchell Starc moves one place up to number 9th. Jasprit Bumrah slips one place down to number 10th. He did not feature in the last Test match against England.
Latest ICC Bowlers Rankings
- Pat Cummins (Australia)- 908
- Ravichandran Ashwin (India)- 850
- Neil Wagner (New Zealand)- 825
- James Anderson ( England)- 822
- Josh Hazlewood (Australia)- 816
- Tim Southee (New Zealand)- 811
- Stuart Broad (England)- 792
- Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)- 753
- Mitchell Starc (Australia)- 744
- Jasprit Bumrah (India)- 739
In the all-rounder department, Ravichandran Ashwin climbs up to number 4th due to consistent performances with both bat and ball helping Team India win matches on his own. Ravindra Jadeja who did feature in the England series, slips down one place to number 3rd.