India’s winning streak comes to an end with the 1st T20I concluded at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Thursday.
David Miller and Rassie van der Dussen helped South Africa to beat India by 7 wickets with their fiery half-centuries.
To begin their chase of 212 runs South Africa started well but won because of the duo who together scored an unbeaten 131-run, taking lead with1-0 in the first T20I series.
While David Miller smashed 46-ball 75, Rassie van der Dussen hammered 31-ball 64 to win the match by 7 wickets.
India opened with Ishan Kishan and Ruturaj Gaikwad who scored 57 runs. Shreyas Iyer replaced Ruturaj After he got dismissed for 23.
Ishan and Shreyas continued to hammer smashing 76 off 48 balls and 36 off 27 balls respectively. While Hardik Pandya and Rishabh Pant smashed 31 off 12 balls and 29 off 16 taking India to 211/4.
- India scored their highest total of 211 against South Africa
- Beating this highest score was a successful chase for SA as their last highest was 206 against West Indies in 2007
- In India, their last record was 200 in a 2015 match held in Dharamshala
- India’s winning streak came to an end and it failed to surpass Afghanistan and Romania
- David Miller and Rassie van der Dussen set the second-highest fourth-wicket partnership in T20Is with 131 runs
- The highest total of the match was 212/3
Also Read: Who Is The Indian Cricket Team’s Mentor?