In recent years, cricket has evolved a lot. Things have been revolutionary for the sport. Unlike old times, players get changed every year from the international teams. In the present time, only talent matters in sports, if one has talent and skill, sooner or later he will be in the top line-up. Also, cricket is such a sport where anything can happen till the end.
For cricket, it’s not over until it’s over. Especially in the T20 format, there are highest chances of fluctuations than any other format. Also, runs are scored very fast in T20. Though batsmen need to be skilled to play in death overs as having pressure and playing is not an easy task. Also, there are many bowlers who bowl incredibly in Death Over Specialist Bowlers which is a big problem for batsmen. We have listed out 10 of the bowlers who are very great at their job, especially in the death overs.
Best Death Overs Bowlers In T20
10. Shaheen Shah Afridi – Shaheen Afridi is a Pakistani fast bowler who started his career in 2018. Afridi is a very good bowler and can save some big scores in Death Over Specialist Bowlers. Not only bowling but his batting and fielding skills are also outstanding. Afridi has played 30 T20 international matches so far in which he has taken 32 wickets. He has also picked 53 wickets in 28 ODI and 76 wickets in 19 test matches.
9. Mustafizur Rahman – Next on the list of young talent from Bangladesh. Rahman started his career in 2015 and has become one of the best Death Over Specialist Bowlers in T20 cricket. He has also one Man of the Match award in the first match of his Test and One Day International career and he is the first player to do so. He took 13 wickets in his debut ODI series.
The left-hand player plays for the Rajasthan Royals team in the Indian Premier League. He also won the IPL emerging player of the award in 2016, he is the only overseas player to win that award. He has played 48 T20 international matches where he picked 68 wickets. His best bowling figure in T20I is 5 wickets for 22 runs.
8. Mitchell Starc – in the next, we have Australian star Mitchell Starc on the list. Starc is a left-arm pacer and is great in death overs. His bowling economy is less than seven in T20. He was there in the line-up when Australia won the World Cup in 2015. He played a prominent role in the tournament.
He has taken 49 wickets in World Cup which makes him the 5th highest wicket-taker in T20 World Cup. Starc has picked up 255 wickets in 61 tests and 195 wickets in 99 ODIs. His best T20I figure is 3 wickets for 11 runs. We are hoping to see some huge shows from Starc in World Cup 2011.
7. Trent Boult – Next on the list is New Zealand player Trent Boult. Boult is considered to be the world’s no. 1 bowler. He has shown brilliant performance in IPL as well as in International matches. He is also one of the IPL’s best bowlers. About his T20I career, he has taken 46 wickets in 34 matches.
He has also picked up 292 wickets in 73 test matches and 169 wickets in 93 ODI matches. His best Death Over Specialist Bowlers figure is 7 wickets for 34 runs in ODI. He is also one of the three players from the New Zealand team to take a hat-trick in ODI and the first bowler to take a hat-trick in the World Cup.
6. Kagiso Rabada – Rabada is a South African player who has shown his bowling skills in International cricket as well as in the Indian Premier League in past years. He also helped Delhi Capitals reach the playoffs in 2019. His ability to bowl yorkers in death overs is brilliant.
We have seen his super over in the match against KKR in 2019. He is one of the best fast bowlers of all time. Rabada has picked 39 wickets in 34 T20I matches. He picked 213 wickets in the 47 test matches. He was named the best player in the world in 2018 by Wisden.
5. Rashid Khan – Next on the list is the Afghanistan cricket team’s former captain Rashid Khan. He has picked 95 wickets in 51 T20I and 34 wickets in just 5 tests. His best bowling figure is 5 wickets for 3 runs in T20I. Khan is considered to be one of the world’s dangerous bowlers.
Khan is the youngest player to lead a team as a captain for a test match. He also became the youngest player to be on the number one rank by the ICC. Khan is an outstanding player and can turn the tables in the World Cup this year.
4. Chris Morris – though we haven’t seen Morris playing for South Africa in many matches, his performance is excellent in the other leagues around the world. His performance in the Indian Premier League in 2019 and 2020 was so good that he was sold for a record-breaking amount for the IPL 2021 by the Rajasthan Royals.
The Royals took him for whopping 16.25 crores. About his T20I records, he has picked 196 wickets in 124 matches. He has also scored more than 7400 runs with 8 centuries and 14 half-centuries. His best bowling figure in T20I is 8 wickets for 44 runs.
3. Bhuvneshwar Kumar – on the number three, there is an Indian player. Kumar is one of the best death bowlers out there. Also, he has been injured a lot of times in the past couple of years. Also, he is the only player in the IPL history to win the Purple Cap twice. His best bowling figure in T20I is 5 wickets for 24 runs. He also became the first bowler to take a five-wicket haul in all three formats of the game.
2. Jofra Archer – Jofra Archer is an English player and a very important one for the England team. Archer came into the news after his destructive shows in the Big Bash League in 2017. He was part of the team in the 2019 world Cup where England won the title.
In his debut IPL match against Mumbai Indians, he took three wickets and was awarded Man of the Match. In the IPL 2020, he won the Most Valuable Player award. His bowling is very accurate even in the death overs. He will be a key player for the team and might be a danger for other teams.
1. Jasprit Bumrah – we have another Indian player on the list. Jasprit Bumrah is considered the best yorker bowler out there. His best bowling figure in T20 international is 3 wickets for 11 runs. Bumrah is one of the best players to bowl in the Death Over Specialist Bowlers.
His destructive bowling in the T20 series against England in 2017 helped the team win the series by 2-1. With Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Bumrah is surely expected to be turning tables in the World Cup.
Who do you think will be the most dangerous of all in the World Cup?