On Monday, April 24, at 7:30 PM (IST) Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) and Delhi Capitals (DC) are scheduled to play against each other in Match 34 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. Thus far in the IPL season, both SRH and DC have struggled to perform at their best.
SRH has secured victories in two out of their six matches, positioning them at the second last spot on the points table with 4 points and a net run rate of -0.794. In contrast, Delhi Capitals have lost five of their games out of six and are currently at the bottom of the points table with a net run rate of -1.183.
Head to Head Record:
The two teams have played against each other 21 times, with Hyderabad winning 11 of those matches and Delhi emerging victorious 10 times. In their last five encounters, Delhi Capitals have emerged victorious over Sunrisers Hyderabad on four occasions. SRH’s most recent win against DC; dates back to 2020 when David Warner and Wriddhiman Saha both scored match-winning half-centuries for the Orange Army. However, both players have since left the team.
The two teams have played five matches in total at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad, with Sunrisers Hyderabad winning three and Delhi Capitals winning two. In IPL 2023, the two teams are set to face each other twice this week. The first match is scheduled for tonight, and the reverse fixture is planned to take place in Delhi on Saturday evening.
Expected Playing 11
- Expected WicketKeeper – P Salt
- Expected Batsman – David Warner (c), Mitchell Marsh, Sarfaraz Khan/Prithvi Shaw, Manish Pandey,
- Expected Allrounders – Axar Patel, Lalit Yadav,
- Expected Bowlers – Aman Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, Anrich Nortje, Ishant Sharma
- Expected WicketKeeper – Heinrich Klaasen
- Expected Batsmen – Harry Brook, Abhishek Sharma, Rahul Tripathi , Mayank Agarwal
- Expected Allrounders – Aiden Markram(c), Marco Jansen, Washington Sundar
- Expected Bowlers – Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mayank Markhande, Umran Malik
The Hyderabad Stadium is well-known for its level playing surfaces that are advantageous to slow bowlers and offer vital support to spinners throughout the match. Generally, teams with a preference for pursuing a target have a greater likelihood of succeeding at this location.
Toss: Bowl first
- The toss will take place at 7 PM IST.
- So far, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium has hosted 67 IPL matches, out of which the team batting first has won 29 matches, while the team chasing has emerged victorious in 38 matches.
- With a win percentage of 67.39%, SRH has emerged winner in 31 out of the 46 IPL matches they have played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
IPL Stats –
- Highest team score: 231/2 – Sunrisers Hyderabad vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore, 2019
- The average score (first inning): 159
- Expected score: 160+
On Monday, during the evening, the weather will be sunny with a temperature of 34°C. The wind speed will be around 22 km/h, and there is a 30% chance of precipitation with no rainfall expected. The humidity level will be at 12%, and the air pressure will be at 1006 mb.
During Monday’s overnight, the sky will be clear with a temperature of 28°C. The wind speed will be around 29 km/h, and there is a 56% chance of humidity with no precipitation expected. The humidity level will be at 6%, and the air pressure will be at 1010 mb.
It is anticipated that SRH will emerge victorious in today’s match.
You May Also Like: CSK Vs SRH Match Preview: Head To Head In IPL