In recent years, the Indian Premier League has become one of the most viewed games among other cricket leagues. IPL has a huge fan following a large number of people wait for it every year. It is a 20 overs competition where a large number of cricket players around the world come together and play in different teams Dangerous Batsmen In Ipl.
There are eight teams in IPL and all the players are divided as per the auction rule. Over the years, we have seen a large number of outstanding performances from players around the world. In today’s article, we’ll be discussing the top ten batsmen in the history of the Indian Premier League.
Who Is The Dangerous Batsman In Ipl?
As there are a large number of players from different countries play in the tournament, taking a single name won’t justify the answer. So, we have listed 10 of such players who are considered the most dangerous ones.
10. Glenn Maxwell – On the 10th position, we have Australian superstar Glenn Maxwell. Maxwell has shown some great performances in past and he was also one of the highest-paid players in IPL 2021. In 2014, not only he helped his team getting to the finals, but he also won the Orange Cap that season. Maxwell is the guy who can achieve big targets in less time and we have seen him making big scores in the IPL. Talking about his IPL career, he has played in eight seasons and has scored more than 1500 runs in 82 matches.
09. Hardik Pandya – Next on the list comes the Indian player Hardik Pandya. Pandya is a young and energetic player who plays for Mumbai Indians in the IPL. Pandya has always been very helpful to the team and many a time have helped his team winning matches. He is an all-rounder and is brilliant in both bowling as well as batting. He started his IPL career in 2015 and since then, we have seen him growing better every season.
08. Kieron Pollard – Pollard is a West Indies player and one of the dangerous players from the West Indies team too. Pollard came into fame after the World Cup of 2011 and since then, he has proved his potential from time to time. Pollard has been there with the Mumbai Indians since 2010 and has helped them win the IPL title five times, higher than any other team. He is an all-rounder and a very good one. In the last 10 years of his IPL career, he has scored more than 3000 runs in 164 matches.
07. Suresh Raina – After Pollard, we have the Indian left-handed player Suresh Raina on the list Dangerous Batsmen In Ipl. Raina is an outstanding batsman and has scored more than 5000 runs in IPL. Raina plays for the Chennai Super Kings team and time on time, he has proved what he is capable of. His best performance in IPL was against the Kings XI Punjab team in 2015. Raina scored 87 runs 25 balls. His powerful batting is the reason other players in the team don’t feel much pressure. Unfortunately for the last 3 seasons, we haven’t seen such a great performance by Raina. He is off the track for some time and we are hoping to see him in his old avatar in the next season of IPL.
06. Andre Russell – Andre Russell is a Jamaican cricketer who plays for West Indies in international cricket. Russell is considered to be one of the most dangerous batsmen in IPL as he bats outstanding. Russell started his career with Delhi Daredevils in the year 2012 but unfortunately due to multiple injuries, we couldn’t see much of him. However, he got into the KKR team in 2015 and since then, he’s never failed to put on a show. He also got the award of Most Valuable Player in the same year. So far, Andre has scored more than 1500 runs with eight half-centuries in 74 matches.
05. Mahendra Singh Dhoni – The former Indian captain is undoubtedly on the list with 5th position. Dhoni is also considered as God of IPL by his fans. Dhoni is the favorite of the Chennai Super Kings franchise as we have seen him in the yellow jersey throughout his IPL career. Not only he is a great batsman, but he is a very good captain too. Over the years, with Dhoni’s smartness and intelligence, we have seen some great performances from CSK. CSK has even won the IPL titles three times with the help of Dhoni. Dhoni is the calmest person on the ground and we have never seen him losing hope and making mistakes. Dhoni has scored 4632 runs in his IPL career with 529 boundaries in 204 matches.
04. Virat Kohli – Another Indian player, a fantastic batsman,the king of IPL, and captain of the Indian Cricket team, Virat Kohli makes the list with 3rd position. Since the beginning of the IPL, Kohli has been playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore team and they have performed very well in many seasons. Unfortunately, RCB has never won the IPL title. 2016 was the year in which Kohli showed his best performance in IPL. He scored 973 runs in that season which is the highest score for a single season. Kohli has scored 5878 runs in his IPL career with 704 boundaries.
03. David Warner – Next on the list is Australian left-hand player David Warner. Warner is considered as one of the most successful players in cricket history and the same is David in the IPL too. He has scored more than 5200 runs and is one of the few players who have hit more than 5000 runs. He has won the Orange Cap three times in his IPL career which is higher than any other player in the league.
02. Chris Gayle – The West Indies player is undoubted of the Dangerous Batsmen In Ipl. Gayle has put on a show a lot of times in the IPL. He has scored 175* runs in a match which is his highest score in the IPL. He made that score in just 30 balls with 17 sixes and 13 fours.
01. Ab De Villiers – The South African superstar is considered to be the number 1 player in the IPL. De Villiers needs no introduction. He is a guy who can hit the ball anywhere on the ground. De Villiers has never seen in pressure but the bowlers against him always get under pressure. He is the favorite of the crowd and the Bangalore team. He has hit more than 4800 runs in his IPL career with 625 boundaries. He is undoubtedly the most Dangerous Batsmen In Ipl.
MOST DANGEROUS TEAM IN IPL HISTORY
Out of the total of eight teams, Mumbai Indians is considered to be the most dangerous team in the IPL. With having IPL titles four times, MI has a great line-up. With players like Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard, and Hardik Pandya, the team doesn’t fall after fall of one or two wickets. MI fails to make big targets and chasing the big ones too. Hopefully, we will have some great performances by them in the next season too.
Who do you think will win the next season of the Indian Premier League?
Also Read: Top 4 dangerous teams in IPL 2021