Cricket chief tells South Africa were too flexible with England

South African cricket board’s temporary committee chairman Zak Yacoob told on Thursday that he didn’t wish to accuse England of the revocation of their tournament. However,  he made it very apparent that he feels the decision was not justified.

He stated that they believe that their procedures have been incredibly decent. And Any impression that they called off due to anything that is their mistake is totally incorrect, he said.

England’s tournament was revoked earlier on this Monday following two individuals of England tested positive for Covid-19 at first. 

Zak stated that finally, they tested negative in the very next tests which were disclosed after the judgment to revoke the tour was taken. 

DETAILS 

Zak told that he felt that CSA had been “too flexible with the England team and their ambition to perform stuff that they aren’t supposed to be performing.

He told that he did not wish to give insights but it was revealed locally that individuals of the English team had fled their bio-secure atmosphere to enjoy golf on numerous occurrences and they even used net facilities at the Newlands stadium in Cape Town that wasn’t opened for usage because of outbreak constraints.

England splashed all three of the anticipated Twenty 20 internationals but couldn’t be able to play three ODIs, the initial one of which was delayed following a positive test in the South African staff circle.

While the expedition was suspended on Monday, the Cricket South Africa and the England and Wales Cricket Board announced in a mutual declaration that the judgment was brought together by both Boards to assure the cognitive and physical health and interest of performers from the two squads.

SOUTH AFRICA’S UPCOMING SERIES OF GAMES

Zak claimed that he was convinced that South Africa was solely prepared for hosting upcoming tours, beginning with Sri Lanka’s scheduled Test tournament later in the current month.

He stated that nothing can be entirely sure, however , he is 95 percent sure that the upcoming tournaments will go ahead. 

Sri Lanka is expected to reach the following week for duo Test games, beginning in Centurion on 26th December..

He was very slightly particular about the anticipated Test tournament by Australia in the month of February as well as March.

If you think the news was mesmerizing do browse our different news too and stay pitched for more.

Leave a Comment

x