In cricket, batting and batting are not the only things that players need to be specialized in, Fielding is also as important as the other two. In the history of cricket, we have seen many instances, where the match was won because of fielding. We have seen a lot of players who were outstanding “Best Fielder In The World” in fielding and set new standards for it.
Top 10 Best Fielders In The World
10. Faf Du Plessis – Faf Du Plessis is a South African batsman and a very good fielder. He occasionally bowls too which makes him an all-rounder. He has also been the captain of South Africa in all three formats. We have seen his brilliant fielding skills many times. He has picked 63 catches in 69 test matches, 81 catches in 143 ODI matches, and 24 caches in 50 T20 international matches. In December 2020, Best Fielder In The World in a test match against Sri Lanka, he scored 199 runs in a single match for which he won the man of the match award. He was also the highest scorer of the tournament in World Cup 2019 with 387 runs. In February 2021, he announced his retirement from test cricket.
9. Suresh Raina – Suresh Raina is the number one fielder in the IPL. His fielding skills in the IPL were incredible. He is an all-rounder and great at both bowling and batting. He is also the former captain of the Indian cricket team. He is a very good batsman and is the first Indian to hit a century in all formats of the game. Also, he is the only Indian player who has scored a century in the T20 and ODI world cup. About his fielding skills, Suresh Raina holds the record of taking the highest number of catches in the IPL. He has taken 102 catches so far in the tournament. Recently he announced his retirement from all formats of the game.
8. Steve Smith – Smith is an Australian cricketer and a very good batsman. He is also the former captain of the Australian cricket team. He is also considered one of the greatest batsmen of all time because of his high batting average in test cricket. he has hit 7540 runs in his Test career with 27 centuries and 31 fifties. The score makes him the fastest batsman in the world to reach 7000 runs. He has won ICC test player of the year in 2013 and 2015. He is the only player in the world to win the award more than one time. He has taken 123 catches in 77 test matches.
7. Ravindra Jadeja – Ravindra Jadeja is one of the best players on the Indian team currently. He is an all-rounder and very good in all batting, bowling, and fielding. He has taken more than 200 wickets in his Test career and 188 in his ODI career. In IPL 2021, he hit 37 runs in the last over in a match against Royal Challengers Bangalore for CSK. He has helped his team a lot of times winning matches. He has also won Arjuna Award for his contribution to the Indian team.
6. Paul Collingwood – Paul Collingwood is an English player who plays for the England cricket team. He is a wicketkeeper and also a very good fielder. He has picked 96 catches in 68 test matches and 108 catches in 197 ODIs. He scored more than 4200 runs in his Test career and more than 5000 runs in his ODI career. He has hit more than 1000 runs in a single year in test cricket. Also, in 2005, he took 6 wickets in a single match against Bangladesh. He has also been the captain of the England cricket team in the past. He has retired from international cricket and is a coach for the England cricket team.
5. Andrew Symonds – Andrew Symonds is a former Australian player who used to play for Australia between 1998-2009. He had a great career in the Australian international team with a lot of ups and downs. Along with batting, his fielding skills Best Fielder In The World were also great and he picked up many catches in his career. He picked 22 catches in 26 test matches and 82 catches in 198 ODI matches. He scored more than 5000 runs in his ODI career and 1462 runs in his Test career. He has also taken 133 wickets in ODI. His best bowling figure is 5 wickets for 18 runs against Bangladesh in 2005.
4. Herschelle Gibbs – Gibbs is a former South African player and current coach of the South African cricket team. He was an opening batsman and a right-arm bowler. In his cricket career, he picked 94 catches in his test career and 108 catches in 248 ODIs. He has hit more than 6000 runs in 90 test matches with the highest score of 228 runs. He was a great fielder too. Also, the Australian former captain Ricky Ponting once said that he is a better fielder than Jonty Rhodes.
3. Ricky Ponting – Ricky Ponting is a former Australian cricketer who has been the captain of the team for all three formats of the game. He is one of the most successful captains in cricket history. Under his leadership, Australia won 220 matches out of 324. He has scored more than 13000 runs in his both test and ODI career. Currently, he is the assistant coach of the Australian cricket team. He was an outstanding batsman and a great fielder too. He received the Cricketer of the Decade award in 2000 for his performances over time.
2. AB De Villers – AB De Villers is a South African batsman and former captain of the team. He is a brilliant batsman and can hit the ball anywhere. Also, he is a brilliant fielder too. The way he jumps for catching the ball is breathtaking. He got some great skills at fielding. He is a very energetic player and can surely change the game results.
1. Jonty Rhodes – Jonty Rhodes is the former South African player and is considered the greatest fielder of all time. No one can match the fielding skills that Rhodes had. He has picked up 105 catches in his ODI career and 34 in the test. He was one of the greatest Best Fielder In The World.