In recent years, women’s cricket has also made a bug growth. Many of the female cricket players have come forward and showed that they can also play the way men do. There are some of the great female cricket players, who have shown their brilliant performance over time.
BEST WOMEN CRICKET PLAYERS IN THE WORLD
10. Sana Mir – On the 10th position, we have Sana Mir from the Pakistan women’s cricket team. She has also been the captain of her team and she was the first bowler in the world to take 100 wickets in the One Day International. Mir has played more than 350 matches in her career in which he has scored more than 4300 runs has taken more than 400 wickets.
She is a very good all-rounder and she has proved that with her outstanding performance. She has also got two gold medals for the Pakistani cricket team in Asian Games in 2010 and 2014. For 9 years, she is in the top 20 women players in the world list by the International Cricket Council.
9. Shashikala Siriwardene – Shashikala Siriwadene is the captain of the Sri Lankan women’s cricket team. She is an all-rounder and has taken more than 200 wickets in his career. She is a great batsman also as she has scored around 3100 runs.
The Sri Lankan women’s team won the bronze medal in Asian Games 2014 under Shashikala’s captaincy. Her best bowling figure was 4 wickets for 11 runs which she made against Pakistan.
8. Meghann Moira Lanning – Meghan Moira Lanning is an opener in the Australian women’s cricket team. Lanning is the youngest female cricket player from Australia who hit a century. She is also one of the leading scorers in women’s cricket. She has helped her team in winning one Women World Cup and four ICC World T20 Championships.
Talking about her batting, she has scored around 7000 runs in her cricket career. She hit 16 centuries and 29 half-centuries to achieve such a score. She is one of the rising players of the team and surely got the potential to rise. She plays for Melbourne Stars a captain in the Women’s Big Bash League which is a domestic league in Australia.
7. Mithali Raj – The seventh position is held by the Indian cricket team’s captain Mithali Raj. Mithali Raj is the leading run-scorer in women’s cricket in the world. She has scored more than 10000 runs in her cricket career with 8 centuries and 76 half-centuries.
She has received several awards for his great performances including the prestigious Arjuna Award and Padma Shri. Also, there is a movie being made on Mithali’s life and might release this year.
6. Stafanie Roxann Taylor – The next on the list is West Indies player Taylor. She is an all-rounder and has performed great throughout her career. Taylor currently serves as the captain of the West Indies women’s cricket team.
Talking about her scores, she has played 195 matches so far where she scored more than 6700 runs and took around 200 wickets. She has also received cricketer of the year multiple times.
5. Lisa Carprini Sthalekar – Lisa is a former Australian cricketer and a commentator. She was an all-rounder spin bowler and took 229 wickets in her career along with scoring more than 3900 runs. She was the first women cricketer in the world to score more than 1000 runs and also took 100 wickets.
4. Katherine Helen Brunt – Brunt is an English player, the best bowler that the England team ever released. Talking about Brunt’s numbers, she has played around 220 matches in all formats combines in which she took 287 wickets. She also had 7 five wickets hauls.
Her best bowling figure is 5 wickets for 18 runs in ODI cricket. She has won the cricketers of the year award three times in her career awarded by the England Cricket Board.
3. Jhulan Goswami – We have another Indian female cricket player who made it to the 3rd position. Jhulan Goswami is an all-rounder from West Bengal, she is one of the best players on the Indian women’s cricket team. She is also considered one of the fastest Women bowlers in the world. Goswami is no more on the team though as she got retired from T20I in 2018.
In her career of 258 matches, she scored more than 1650 runs and took 326 wickets along with 6 five-wicket hauls and a 10 wicket haul. Her best bowling figure is 5 wickets for 11 runs in T20 International. She has also received Arjuna Award and Padma Shri for his outstanding performance for the Indian cricket team. There is also a movie being made on Goswami named ‘Chakdaga Express’ which is planned to release this year.
2. Sarah Jane Taylor – Taylor is a former English Cricketer who played for England Women’s Cricket team for 15 years from 2006 to 2019. She was a batsman and scored more than 6200 runs in her career with 7 centuries and 36 half-centuries. Her best batting score is 147 runs in ODI.
She could have made more runs for the England cricket team if she hadn’t retired from cricket due to health issues. She is currently appointed as coach for the England men’s cricket team. She has also received the cricketer of the year award twice, one for ODI and one for T20I. Sarah Taylor is one of the reasons that the England cricket team is in the first position in the Women cricket team ranking of ICC.
1.Ellyse Perry – Ellyse Perry is one of the youngest players in the world to get a chance to play in the International team. She started her career when she was 16 and today she is on the top of the rank in highest scorers. She was a talented and bright player from the very beginning which is the reason she got fame very soon after joining the team.
She is one of the leading run-scorers in women’s cricket in the world. Perry has played around 250 matches in which she scored around 4000 runs where she hit four centuries and 34 half-centuries. She has also taken 385 wickets in her career. She had helped her team win the World T20 championships five times and also have won Women National Cricket League 11 times.
She has been awarded the player of the year award six times and there are several other awards that she won in her career. There have been multiple children’s books written in her name. She plays football too and has received multiple awards there too.
WHO IS THE NUMBER 1 BATSMAN IN WOMEN’S CRICKET?
After reading this question some of you might suggest the English player Ellyse Perry who was the best player in the world or Mithali Raj from India who was the highest scorer in female cricket. However, there is none of them who is considered as the number 1 female batsmen in the world.
The best female batsman in the world in T20I is Indian player Shafali Verma while there is Tammy Beaumont in ODI cricket. Shafali Verma is the youngest player on the Indian female cricket team.
She started her career when she was 15 and since then, she has always left people impressed with her performance. She has so far played 18 T20I matches in which he scored 485 runs.
Tammy Beaumont is an English cricketer who has played around 170 matches where she scored more than 4000 runs with 7 centuries and 21 half-centuries. Her best score in ODI is 168 not out.
Do you think there is any other female cricketer which we should add to the list?