In the history of the Indian Premier League, a lot of things have been seen which we never saw in International cricket. Numerous new and impossible records have been made in the last 12 seasons. Today we will be discussing the top five overs in which batsmen scored the highest runs.
TOP 5 OVERS WITH MAXIMUM RUNS SCORED
1. Harshal Patel in IPL 2021 – It was over by RCB player Harshal Patel in the ongoing season of the IPL. CSK’s Ravindra Jadeja was on the strike and Harshal Patel came to bowl the last over of the game. With a no-ball, Jadeja hit four sixes, one four, and two runs in the match. A total of 37 runs were scored by Jadeja in that over.
2. Prashanth Parameswaran in IPL 2011 – It’s the third time that Chris Gayle’s name has been appearing on the list. Gayle is too aggressive as a player and when he is in form, he can do some big troubles to the bowlers. In a match between RCB and Kochi team, Gayle hit four sixes and three fours with a no-ball. He scored a total of 37 runs in a single over.
3. Parwinder Awana in 2014 – in the seventh season of the IPL, Chennai Super Kings player Suresh Raina destroyed Punjab’s Parwinder Awana by scoring 33 runs in a single over. Raina hit two sixes and five fours in the over as there was a no-ball too.
4. Ravi Bopara in IPL 2010 – The next greatness was also shown by the Kolkata Knight Riders star Chris Gayle. It was a match against Kings XI Punjab where Ravi Bopara was bowling and Gayle hit 33 runs in that over.
Manoj Tiwari was on strike initially when the over started, he gave the strike to Gayle on the first ball. Gayle hit four sixes in a row and then Tiwari went for five wides back to back. In the last ball, it was a single.
5. Rahul Sharma in IPL 2012 – In the 2012’s IPL season, Rahul Sharma, a bowler of the Pune Warriors team got brutally beaten by Chris Gayle with his bat. Chris Gayle used to play for the Royal Challengers Bangalore at that time and he completely nailed his performance.
The first ball of the Rahul was played by Saurabh Tiwari who made a single run and gave Chris Gayle a strike. Later on, Gayle hit 5 sixes back to back. RCB got 31 runs in that over.
So, which performance of the top five did you like most?